CAN'T FIND REDSTONE OR DIAMONDS!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Light in my caves? You must have seen the flames when I emptied it of life again assumed I had a light source in there. Common mistake.
Gravel Gun. 'nuff said.
Pff, so what if it deals at most 256 damage? I-it's not like I'm envious or anything! I have plenty of cooler weapons! Like...
Like my newly installed Mortar Cannon! Raining doom on the masses and whatnot.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Rain death on the masses?? Pfft. I prefer a more other worldly method. Send them to the moon with a portal gun.
Such a feeble choice, prepare once again my minions; for a poem is at hand:

I opened my eyes
and shot birds out the sky
Oh the joyous moments I had

I stretched my hand
to pull out my grand,
handgun made of mold.

I shot all the rest
of the birds in a nest,
and laughed with smuggle smile

I thought of all of you,
and how I was better,
and still I felt despair.

I took out a list,
and wrote all your names on it,
to remember my next victim...

Reactions: AlCapella

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting to feel the pain of not having diamonds. I just dug a giant tunnel for about 30 minutes on level 9 with my hammer and still haven't found any. I fully explored 2 giant caves earlier and only found 3. Luckily in doing this, I have solved the problem of not having enough stone to build with and no longer need a quarry.

ilizane

Jul 29, 2019
I act. have the same problem, is there a easy way to change the generation of ores? Like a setting/config?
Im using atg, if that changes anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I clicked this thread wondering what the fuss was all about... I've been laughing with tears streaming from my eyes at reading all the responses starting with "do people still use torches?" question...

If I've ever seen a solved thread being derailed for solid entertainment, this is the one!

RealSketch Have a Like +1 for the poems! *bear hug*

Thanks to everyone who joined the funfest!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I clicked this thread wondering what the fuss was all about... I've been laughing with tears streaming from my eyes at reading all the responses starting with "do people still use torches?" question...

If I've ever seen a solved thread being derailed for solid entertainment, this is the one!

RealSketch Have a Like +1 for the poems! *bear hug*

Thanks to everyone who joined the funfest!
Did you just make something about derailing by derailing the thread?
DerailCeption
*explodes*

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Do what I did - run a 64x64 buildcraft quarry to bedrock and then have a look at where all your ores are found.

I had trouble with diamonds in Monster too, but that's because they start at level y=13 and below, not y=16.

The quarry method is saving my butt right now, when the quarry gets to y=13 I stay right there with it until it is finished, and I silky touch every diamond block as it appears. Emeralds too (I always run my quarrys in mountain biomes). Then I TE3 pulverize them all to double my diamonds and emeralds (Fortune III pickaxe yields less than a TE3 pulv).

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Mobs? I carry time torches with me. When you place them down, they are defaulted to "Stop" mode.
Guess what it does. ;)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Minken

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I recently started playing FTB again, this time i'm playing on the Monster pack. But i have run into a BIIIIG problem. I. CAN'T. FIND. ANY. REDSTONE. OR. DIA. i have been branch mining for 3 hours, and i have only found 9 redstone.

Am I just VERY unlucky or is there a problem????

First of all, the problem is that you use CAPS LOCK in the title.
Secondly, you lack patience.

Try to fix those two and you will see that your Redstone and Diamond luck will come back.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Did you just make something about derailing by derailing the thread?
DerailCeption
*explodes*
I might post that derailed gif again! *twilight music*

... no but seriously. I recently made an effort making all my tools with mannulyn (dammit I can never remember how it's spelt) and plonked a Flux capacitor on them, and they are made of win.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
Then I TE3 pulverize them all to double my diamonds and emeralds (Fortune III pickaxe yields less than a TE3 pulv).
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I've gotten 20 diamonds from a 4-ore pocket before. That's much better than double.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe something to cheer all you up:

MEMBER_45099_PHOTO.gif

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Nether Ores are cheaty.

In my last game I ended up with several thousand shiny ingots due to cocking about in the nether for ages ^_^

Reactions: RealSketch