Waiting Can't create RS pattern when blank patterns stored in pattern grid

goob4114

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Can't create RS pattern when blank patterns stored in pattern grid

Pack Version 1.6.0

What is the bug? I am unable to create patterns if I store the blank patterns in the pattern grid. If I shift-click a recipe, the pattern goes into the pattern grid, but a blank pattern is moved from the "storage" slot to the created pattern slot without hitting the down arrow. It automatically moves it down whenever I shift-click the recipe in. But it's just a blank pattern. If I then remove the blank pattern from the bottom "created pattern" slot and hit the down arrow, it just moves another blank pattern down; not the recipe in the grid. The only way to create patterns is to remove all the blank patterns from the inventory, THEN shift click in the recipe, place a single pattern in the "storage" slot, and hit the down arrow, and that will successfully create a pattern.

Mod & Version I could be mistaken, but I believe I started this mod pack on version 1.5 and am not currently on 1.6. It has been an issue in both versions. I have Optifine installed, and I have not tried running the pack without it yet, but I have another issue being unable to open vanilla chests and I believe this is an issue with Optifine. I wonder if it could be causing this as well. The inclusion of Optifine is the only change I've made to the mod pack.

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes, when you store your blank patterns in the top right slot of the pattern grid.

Known Fix Remove all blank patterns from the pattern grid before shift-clicking in recipes, then place just one blank pattern in the top-right slot and hit the down arrow to create the pattern.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Hi there,

Thanks for your report. If you could, please update to version 1.8.0 of the pack. This should solve the issue you're having. If it still occurs then please remove OptiFine and try again to see if that fixes it.