Can't create 1.8.0 Revelation Server

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

wangmauler

Jul 29, 2019
Massachusetts
Title Can't create 1.8.0 Revelation Server

Launcher Type Server

Modpack Revelation

Modpack version 1.8.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue Hey all - I'm trying to create a server for a few of my buddies that want to play FTB Revelations.

I'm running the latest Java 64 Bit, and have tried even running the newer beta version from Javas site (jre-8u172).

I've ran different servers a few times in the past 5 years or so and know the basics; I can SUCCESSFULLY run a FTB Revelations 1.7.0 server, and can have clients connect to it who are also running that version with no issues.

I'm trying to get 1.8.0 running, but it gives me a few different errors.

Firstly, after downloading 1.8.0 server from the FTB site and extracting to a folder, when I run 'StartServer.bat,' it SKIPS the whole actual creating world and loading mods(where doing the same with the 1.7.0 zip file works), and goes right to the normal 'error' where it is supposed to create eula.txt, however it does not create eula.txt. This is what the error says:

_____
Missing eula.txt. Startup will fail and eula.txt will be created
Make sure to read eula.txt before playing!
Starting server
Invalid initial heap size: -Xms
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Exiting...
Press any key to continue . . .
_____

Again, it does not create eula.txt, and is missing a lot of other files/fodlers that normally get created, as it does not go through the normal creation process for some reason. It also does not create any log files, as well as no log folder.

So I tried a different method - I create my server with 1.7.0, which works and clients can connect and whatnot, and then I do an upgrade to 1.8.0 by following the guide on this FTB site (support.feed-the-beast.com/faq/serverUpdate). But now when I use 'StartServer.bat,' it immediately gives this error:

_____
Starting server
Invalid initial heap size: -Xms
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Exiting...
Press any key to continue . . .
_____

Another thing to keep in mind, I've tried this on a two different machines, and it gives the same error, and this machine I'm trying to run it on is a fresh OS install (both PCs running updated win 10 pro). Also, it does not create any new log files, only has the old log files from when 1.7.0 was running.

Thanks all for your time/help in this.

**EDIT**

I should mention specs just in case:
i7 4790k
32gb ram
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 2280 512GB
GTX 970 on the server

Last edited:

wangmauler

Jul 29, 2019
Massachusetts
As of right now, Build 1.8.0_172-b11.

Unsure if it was an earlier version over a month ago. Server is still running well but I haven't updated anything or checked for new versions with FTB.

I should have some time this coming weekend to further test [if this problem still exists) again if needed.