Can't connect to server

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
J

Jakub Janik

Title Can't connect to server

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack Sky Factory 3

Modpack version 3.0.5

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/c940cd7e

Details of the issue I cannot join my server anymore... I have recently upgraded to Windows 10... The server starts and the launcher works however when i try to jointhe server, it times out. There's a file in the server folder called 1, and it says "Could Not Find C:\Users\Kuba\Desktop\SF 3 Server\autostart.stamp"
which i dont know what it means. Aswell if you look in the log, at the end it says something, that i cant connect to server.

Last edited by a moderator:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
If the server is hosted on your local machine, then you should connect to localhost or 127.0.0.1 - not the external IP-address of your router/firewall.

And don't have any IP in the file server.properties - leave it empty after the = on that line.

J

Jakub Janik

but the thing is that im playing with a friend...how else would he join?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
The IP address in server.properties is used if you have more than one network card on the machine that the Minecraft server is running, and you want to bind it to only accept connections on a certain IP.

I'm guessing that your computer is not connected directly to the internet, and therefore your machine does not have the IP that you've specified in the server.properties-file.

You need to do 3 things:
Make sure the IP is removed from server.properties
Make sure the port 25565 is allowed for incomming traffic on your computer and make a port forward on your router/firewall so when your friend connects to your external IP, the traffic is redirected to your machine.

www.portforward.com - try this out and see if your router is listed there and follow the guide.

After that, your friend connects using the external IP, you connect using localhost or 127.0.0.1

J

Jakub Janik

But me and him are using hamachi because port forwording seems too complicated even with all the videos on youtube

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Then he should use the ip-address presented as your IP-address in Hamachi - you should still use localhost or 127.0.0.1 and IP server.properties should still be empty.

Reactions: Robijnvogel