Solved Can't breaking objects

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pjc21

Also having same issue on local server running version 1.1.0, however this issue only occurs for me after the 1st login after server has been started. If I logoff/disconnect from server (leaving server running) and then reconnect all is fine. I can also not go through nether portals upon 1st login after starting server, but same thing (logoff/logon) also fixes this. The 2 issues then no longer occur provided the server remains running.

Duo

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue. DW20 v1.10. Assigning someone to an FTB Team and waiting a bit "seems" to fix it. I've turned on auto team creation to see if it helps.

edit: nope, not the fix. My server reboots nightly, logged in this morning, can't break plants. Log out/in, and now I can.

Last edited:

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
This is NOT server only. I play single player only and not open to LAN either and I can't harvest grass, plants, etc even with a sickle. It tries to harvest many times in that single click too... because the durability drops by big chunks at a time.

Edit: I run with the Forge mod config tweak in the client settings to speed up the game, so I don't know if anyone else here does or if that could be related to this issue or not.

Last edited:
D

Denpip

I also have this problem on my server. It seems to be wherever you log in gets spawn protection. Can't break grass or plants etc. For me it also caused an issue where I couldn't get through the nether portal, it would just leave me standing there without triggering the teleport. I found if I moved away from my base, disconnected, then reconnected and ran back I could break grass and use the portal. I'm not sure if this relates to claiming and loading chunks via the map, I'd also disabled all of that to no effect.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Hello all,

We're well aware of this issue and are currently not aware of the root cause. We'll be looking into it over the coming weeks however it's going to require a long and repetitive process of elimination. Thank you for your patients.

Reactions: Sorane

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Hello all,

We're well aware of this issue and are currently not aware of the root cause. We'll be looking into it over the coming weeks however it's going to require a long and repetitive process of elimination. Thank you for your patients.

Thank you for your patients all. I have a status update on this issue.

I spent the majority of yesterday picking apart the pack in order to determine a better understanding of this bug and potentially find the cause. I partially knew the issue was related to SwingThroughGrass - a mod that fixes a nuance in vanilla Minecraft where you hit tall grass before hitting the mob in front of you. However, it was not the sole mod at cause here as the mod on it's own did not produce this issue.

After many hours of removing mods and reloading the pack, ensuring that I was through and consistent with all my tests, I came to the conclusion that the second mod involved was /dank/null and shortly confirmed it by placing just /dank/null and SwingThroughGrass in a pack together by themselves.

Therefore, I've spoken with p455w0rd the author of /dank/null who will be taking a look into the root cause of the issue soon. I've not yet spoken with the author of SwingThroughGrass as I'm unaware if they're still active within the community. However, the issue has been reported to both mod authors in a professional and detailed manor.

While myself or anyone else isn't aware of the precise issue and where the cause is this was the most accurate determination I can make.

Thank you all for continued support in reporting issues as well as the patients with this issue and I hope that we'll have it sorted soon.

SnowShock35.

Status
Not open for further replies.