cannot update forge

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
M

MikePotato

Title:
cannot update forge
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Ethos Pack
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I was trying to update forge in the "Etho Pack" ftb pack and i have an error which i dont know how to fix.
I installed manually the updated forge version (10.13.4.1448), put that forge version in this directory: ftb/libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.7.10-10.13.4.1448
and then i tweaked the pack.json file (changed the forge version number and put that version's checksums) but i have this error: [ERROR] Gson.fromJson:825->MCInstaller.gatherAssets:313: Error while gathering assets: com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated object at line 7 column 8 path $.libraries[0].name
which i have looked into the error and apperantly in the pack.json file, line 7 (as it says in the error) is this line:"url" : "http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/maven/"
so basically it seems to have a problem with that link or something in that specific line.
someone knows what do to? how to fix this? PLEASE help me.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Etho's modpack? Shouldt it be in the ATLauncher?
anyways when using a modpack : DO NOT update forge (usually it will not work well with some mods who are forge specific)
Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

Last edited:

MetoG

Jul 29, 2019
multiMC does not work if ftb not work so you want to update the forge to see the progress am i right? it doesnt matter do try to use the forge that comes with the modpack because some of the mods that are in the modpack are using specific forges so dont update it :D

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
multiMC does not work if ftb not work so you want to update the forge to see the progress am i right? it doesnt matter do try to use the forge that comes with the modpack because some of the mods that are in the modpack are using specific forges so dont update it :D

That is not really true as people may have issues with the ftb launcher but works with MultiMC. I have seen it in the past.