Cannot build multiblock structures FTB infinity (1.10.1)

Stickbabiga

Jul 29, 2019
So I cannot build the arc furnace from immersive engineering. It appears the instructions list that 25 blocks of steel are needed, but only 23 are used. I looked up a video and found that the other two are supposed to be used in layer 3. Additionally I cannot complete the grinder. This leads me to believe I am either missing something or the multiblock structures cannot be built in this modpack version.

Any confirmation would be most appreciated.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
So I cannot build the arc furnace from immersive engineering. It appears the instructions list that 25 blocks of steel are needed, but only 23 are used. I looked up a video and found that the other two are supposed to be used in layer 3. Additionally I cannot complete the grinder. This leads me to believe I am either missing something or the multiblock structures cannot be built in this modpack version.

Any confirmation would be most appreciated.

Did you right click with the hammer? Has to be on a specific block too.

SimonBitdiddle

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm this under FTB Infinity 1.10.1 (SMP) using Immersive Engineering 0.5.1 shipped with the FTB pack. It works under creative single player as described in the book (without the extra two blocks of steel)

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I had problems building the Arc furnace as well but after a few tries I realized that I just wasnt doing it right. Its easy to mistake the guide diagram in the book because of the perspective.

SimonBitdiddle

Jul 29, 2019
I had problems building the Arc furnace as well but after a few tries I realized that I just wasnt doing it right. Its easy to mistake the guide diagram in the book because of the perspective.

I'd agree but like I said, I was able to create the Arc Furnace in Single Player mode but not in Multiplayer Mode using the same layout as described in the book.

[EDIT] It seems actually pretty academic as the current version of the mod has a bug that doesn't allow you to create the graphite rods for the Arc Furnace.

Last edited: