Can you give yourself Levels in Ars Magicka 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerakai

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so I ended up bricking my previous world, so I'm creating a new world and giving myself some of the main things I had in the previous world but I don't know how to give myself levels for ars magicka.
Is there anyone that can help ?

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't really gotten around to playing with Ars Magicka yet, have it installed just haven't gotten to it, but if I recall you gain levels by spending vanilla levels, so you could cheat in exp bottles or the console command xp (amount) (playername) to give yourself exp, then trade in the vanilla levels gained for Ars Magicka levels.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken there is an item that gives you levels. There's 3 with their own colour depending on the level and are normally dropped by mobs and such however you can spawn them in with nei. sorry but I don't remember the names.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I've not played AM2 enough to tell you but I believe you get levels for vanilla levels too.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, there's a command that you can use to get levels (idk what though). But in AM2 the lv is different from vanilla (you get it from using spells).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken there is an item that gives you levels. There's 3 with their own colour depending on the level and are normally dropped by mobs and such however you can spawn them in with nei. sorry but I don't remember the names.

I think those are the skill points you obtain after leveling, and is not the actual magic level you have.
as far as I know, there is no way to give yourself magic levels in Ars Magica 2, there are ways to obtain more skill points, but not magic experience

nerakai

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, there's a command that you can use to get levels (idk what though). But in AM2 the lv is different from vanilla (you get it from using spells).
The only command I've found so far was from the previous version which is /setmagiclevel.
which I think is ment to work still but it's not

also /help isn't working for me so I can't look through the list of commands >.<

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Guys...GUYS
you START AM2 with an item telling you EXACTLY HOW TO DO THIS!
You gain levels by using spells, just cheat in mana cakes and spam random spells(or any other mana restoring item) and for skill points use infonity orbs

I wouldn't say "exactly." Does the mana cake description actually literally say to use it for cheating levels? :p

nerakai

Jul 29, 2019
No, but spam spell + mana cale=XP
:p

Constantly spamming spells gives deminishing returns, so the more you use spells in quick succession the less xp you get, I was level 50 or so before I bricked my last world and to get back to that point will take a long time casting spells.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Constantly spamming spells gives deminishing returns, so the more you use spells in quick succession the less xp you get, I was level 50 or so before I bricked my last world and to get back to that point will take a long time casting spells.
Ah, well then im not sure other than cheating in tons of components(which takes a good chunk of time in my experience) and creating new spells every time you level up (even more time!)

Status
Not open for further replies.