Can Someone please help me

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PontiacGTP99

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm using a Linksys E1200 router, and seriously I have done absolutely everything possible in my router settings, I have the newest firmware, and literally there is nothing else I can think to do. I don't have a double "router" setup going either cause my model from Comcast is just a single modem system and not a router/modem combo. Hence why I have a wireless router. I cannot find any possible solution to this problem. I have done everything, turned off firewalls, and made the port "25565" open for "both" start-stop and enabled it. I have gone into my "white list" and added people I want to play with and have also added myself to the ops list. Still nothing. Like I can connect to it and I know it runs but everytime I send people my "what is my ip/ my public IP address" no one can see to even find it. I am completely LOST. Does anyone else have or know any problems with Linksys routers? I cannot figure this out. I am so beyond frustrated. All I want to do is allow 2 friends to join in with me and this is the only way I'm willing to server host.

Seriously thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this post and reply to it. Again, everything has been done completely right. I just cannot seem to get people the right "IP address" or something. I literally cannot tell what is wrong. The server port is "open" I know it is because I've done the "start" 25565- "stop" 25565, have the "both" setting selected, and also have the check box "enable" checked. So what other possible solution could there be?

Willibilly19

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I could think of without having access to your system is to make sure your computer is safe (good antivirus etc...) then add it to the DMZ on your router. It's kind of a last resort option, but it essentially gives you access to the internet without the routing restrictions. It makes all ports open on your computer, which is why you need to make sure you are safe. It's not advisable if you are opening up a public server, but since it's a server for just 2 friends, you shouldn't have to worry about them hacking you or anything. Like I said, it leaves you vulnerable though.

PontiacGTP99

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really wanna do anything to DMZ I think I might just run Himachi, seems like a lot safer way and a real last resort.

PontiacGTP99

Jul 29, 2019
I guess that's my final resort, I'm going to try using that now but don't have anyone to test it out with now :( seeings all my friends are off to bed already

Willibilly19

Jul 29, 2019
If you need someone to test it with, let me know. I'm not too busy atm. Could get on skype if you wanted.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Eolve is much better for for playing mc over virtual lan :). Less headache as well, mc sometimes does feel like using the virtual ip of hamachi, there's some work involved usually. It's click'n'play in evolve though.