Can someone help with getting dynmap working with FTB Ultimate?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ExEvolution

Jul 29, 2019
I've never dealt with dynmap before, but from what I understand, it is a Bukkit plugin, which requires running the Bukkit server to work, so if I install the Bukkit server how do I get the modpack working with it?

I'm on a VPS, so file access is partially limited. I have FTP access, but server related files are write protected. There is a mod installer page that has [Bukkit][1.4.7] dynmap 1.5 as one of the options, I also have McMyAdmin which has its own plugin list, including various dynmap plugins. There is a server selector in McMyAdmin which lets me choose from different servers including CraftBukkit.

I'm guessing I have to change the server type to Bukkit, then install the dynmap plugin, but then how do I get the FTB modpack working beyond that if its no longer running the FTB server?

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Dynmap has a special Forge-compatible version. No need for Bukkit if you don't already have it. It's downloadable right from the Dynmap OP on the Minecraft forums.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible that the default configuration is asking too much of your server at the first launch. Try typing /dynmap purgequeue. If it's a low number (less than 100), then you may want to run a full render while standing in the world you want to render. (/dynmap fullrender) If it's a high number, then your server is bogged down. In this case you'll need to edit your configuration to do one of several things. You can start by disabling renders that you don't want (for example, cave maps or flat maps). Then I would try choosing lower quality render settings. Lastly, make sure you aren't rendering tons of Mystcraft ages.

I would provide more details, but the Dynmap configuration files are really confusing, and I haven't messed with them for ages so I don't remember much. Visit the wiki and see if you can make sense of them there.

Edit: I see that some of your maps are rendering now. It's going to be slow and haphazard until you run a full render for each world. If this is an established save, it may need to run overnight.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have access to the server console? Try it from there. You'll need to specify the world after fullrender. For example, dynmap fullrender world_the_nether. No slashes.

ExEvolution

Jul 29, 2019
After attempting to install the dev version, its generating the world now, but I still can't access the commands, except through the server console

budge

Jul 29, 2019
This issue is beyond my knowledge then. By any chance are you running a permissions plugin?