Can someone help me with flipping mystcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Theoratical

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me create a mystcraft because no matter what i cannot create a mystcraft age with only 1 floating island which is floating above the void and is a highlands lowlands biome forever

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Shouldn't be too difficult.

For the world:
Stone Block, Water Block, Island World

For the biome..well I don't know if what you want is one biome or two, but either of these or something similar should work:

Highlands Biome, Single Biome

Highland Biome, Lowland Biome, Highland Biome, Medium Biomes

Then add:

Normal lighting, Normal weather, Normal sun.

Anything else is optional. Technically, celestials are optional too but I guess you do want a sun.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Can someone help me create a mystcraft because no matter what i cannot create a mystcraft age with only 1 floating island which is floating above the void and is a highlands lowlands biome forever
It may be tricky to get an age exactly the way you want due to Mystcraft randomness, which was introduced some time ago.

If you have access to the server files, one option is to use NBTExplorer to edit the age file to remove the extra (i.e. not specified by you) symbols. Then delete the dimension folder and re-enter the age.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Randomness won't change the things you add specifically, only add things where you didn't specify them, or come as the result of syntax errors.

If you specify "Stone block, water block, island world" then you should get a one-island world similar to the End, only with stone and water as the main solid/fluid blocks like the overworld has them. Biomes will then add layers of other materials where applicable.

If you specify "normal sun" with no modifiers, you will get a normal sun which will *usually* be of the same color as the overworld sun, but it may also have a different color and move around the sky differently than in your home world. You may get a random moon, or no moon, if you haven't specified any.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Randomness won't change the things you add specifically, only add things where you didn't specify them, or come as the result of syntax errors.
Well, to my knowledge there isn't a way to "un-specify" things. If I for instance don't want any features (ravines, structures, etc.) of any kind, only plain landscape, how should I write that age?

It's one thing when you can spam "Dark Sun" to only get a single normal one, but you can't specify "Absent Nether Fortress". :) I realize randomness is getting dialed down in the latest revisions, and for good reasons IMHO.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How do you find the Mystcraft pages in Monster modpack? In Direwolf the temples with the pages were everywhere, but in Monster I haven't found a single one yet. Are they not in the game anymore? Are they really rare? Have I not done nearly enough exploring for them?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
How do you find the Mystcraft pages in Monster modpack? In Direwolf the temples with the pages were everywhere, but in Monster I haven't found a single one yet. Are they not in the game anymore? Are they really rare? Have I not done nearly enough exploring for them?
They appear to be somewhat rare, but they do exist. I found most of my pages before I moved from DW20 to Monster, taking everything with me. Having said that, in a game with Biomes O'Plenty, I consider cheating a necessity for those pages you need to make a stable age, since you drown in biome pages and almost never get anything else. Never mind the rarer stuff like dense ores which I still don't have after having found about a thousand pages (of which 95% were biome pages, and some even came in stacks of 12 to 20). I think there's something seriously wrong with the RNG for Mystcraft pages.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Mcraftflipped.jpg

Mystcraft, flipped.

Job done.

Theoratical

Jul 29, 2019
I have made an age and it has turned out strange for what i put in it, Lowlands biome, single biome, stone block, water block, Island world, no seas, normal sun, normal moon, dark stars, no weather, normal lighting natural sky and fog colour, clear modifiers

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want extra modifiers you have to add in enough so none generate. So you HAVE to add in EVERYTHING(sky colour, terrain modifications, celestials etc) or it will generate randomly anyway stuffing up the age..

For the modifiers you don't care about the trick is to either set to normal for celestial stuff or set to generate stuff that you can't see(eg strongholds, caves, dungeons) or it'll plonk nether fortresses and tendrils everywhere.

The only issue I've found with this method is in void ages as it's quite hard to find enough ''invisible'' things to generate, caves and ravines are fine because there's no terrain for them to generate in but you need more than that to guarantee no randomness(3 structure/ terrain modifiers are the bare minimum, the more you can fit in the less chance for random stuff)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I have made an age and it has turned out strange for what i put in it, Lowlands biome, single biome, stone block, water block, Island world, no seas, normal sun, normal moon, dark stars, no weather, normal lighting natural sky and fog colour, clear modifiers
Strange in which way? And did you get the features you wanted?

About added random stuff, that does happen, but in my experience, the stranger things like tendrils and spheres rarely appear without having been specified.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Strongly recommend updating to Mystcaft 0.10.13.01 or later for this. Before this version the world generator could add dozens of pages in each category to really mess up your world. Only way to limit the amount of pages that it would add was to add a ton of pages your self from each category to lower the chances of getting some random. So for example you didn't want more than 1 sun and 1 moon, you would have to add 10+ dark suns or moons to minimize the chance of getting a couple of suns/moons added in randomly. In the new versions as long as you specify one page from each category the generator will not add in more. But if you leave one category not mentioned there will still be the possibility of getting multiple pages added of that category.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Strongly recommend updating to Mystcaft 0.10.13.01 or later for this. Before this version the world generator could add dozens of pages in each category to really mess up your world. Only way to limit the amount of pages that it would add was to add a ton of pages your self from each category to lower the chances of getting some random. So for example you didn't want more than 1 sun and 1 moon, you would have to add 10+ dark suns or moons to minimize the chance of getting a couple of suns/moons added in randomly. In the new versions as long as you specify one page from each category the generator will not add in more. But if you leave one category not mentioned there will still be the possibility of getting multiple pages added of that category.
I do have the latest version, and Mystcraft appears to behave exactly like this. I specify a normal sun, and the system won't add more, for instance. I didn't know it was different in earlier versions.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I do have the latest version, and Mystcraft appears to behave exactly like this. I specify a normal sun, and the system won't add more, for instance. I didn't know it was different in earlier versions.
It has changed dramatically over the years. In the 1.4.7 modpack versions it would pretty much give you a standard overworld looking world every time unless you specified otherwise. Then came the randomness madness that almost made it useless for creating proper worlds. Luckily they realised this and rectified it so we now have a greater control over the world we create.