Can not download FTB Win8. Please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezza_69

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure if this is the right place to be putting this, but i have been trying to download Feed The Beast for almost a month, a lot of my friends who play minecraft have had no trouble getting it, but no matter what i do, my computer refuses to let me even download it, and so i tried to put it on a portable hard drive from a computer it does work on, and that didn't work either. Is there anyone who can help me out with this problem? i can paste my console here if need be.

Thanks Guys.

Jezza_69

Jul 29, 2019
I am using Kaspersky as my anti virus, and i am able to download the actual launcher, but when i try to run it i get a few errors and i cant download any of the modpacks.

And that link is the one i am downloading Seannyyx

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Does that include the kaspersky internet security?
Is it possible that you've somehow made it block the launcher from accessing the net?
The launcher log could make this a lot easier to pin point.

Jezza_69

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher log is as follows:

FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.2.2)
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
Java version: 1.7.0_01
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version: 21.1-b02 by Oracle Corporation
Error making tracking request: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
Could not save style: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Jezza_69\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\launcher_styles\defaultStyle.cfg (The system cannot find the path specified)
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
[i18n] Could not retrieve version info, skipping update.: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Failed to read modpack file - falling back to direct download: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Jezza_69\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ModPacks\modpacks.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
Completely unable to download the modpack file - check your connection: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...

I apologise for the colours, I cant change them from the console colours

Jezza_69

Jul 29, 2019
Just assume that if you try something, and it does not work..... See above. :D

I cant do the log's thing because it doesn't download any mod packs, and re installing Java didn't do anything, so i still can't do anything with the mod packs, so neither of your solutions have helped. Thank you very much for trying but is there anything else you know that will help me?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
You do get a log if your able to at least select the mod pack you want to try and download... Where else did you get what you posted above?

The reason we (I, and other who help out here) always like to have the log files is that way it proves what is not wrong... (not saying your lying, just that without proof we can't be sure)
You say you updated to the latest version of Java... but how do we know?

Jezza_69

Jul 29, 2019
You do get a log if your able to at least select the mod pack you want to try and download...

That is the problem i am having, i can't select any mod packs, i get "Please wait while the mod packs are downloaded" and an error in the console, and it never gets any further no matter how long i leave it for.

ImNotStokesy

Jul 29, 2019
i think i am having the same problem. i have reinstalled many times and updated java but this keeps occuring
hrlp.png
it also never changes

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Can you check you have full read write permissions to the following folder on your PC?

C:\Users\Jezza_69\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher

Status
Not open for further replies.