can my computer run ftb ultimate or any mod pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

exops91

Jul 29, 2019
posting as i can play good fps on my girlfriends computer but wondering if my specs can run ftb as im enjoying playing it my specs are
Intel p4 ht 3.0ghz processor
3gb memory
Radeon hd5450
Windows 7 32 bit

If it wont what would i need to upgrade or what pack would run

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
It should be playable....don't know what the fps well be though.....really seams to change from computer to computer. Should be acceptable though.

The main thing to worry about for minecraft is the OpenGL version you graphics card can handle....The HD 5450 should be able to handle OpenGL 3.2. Which is enough to play minecraft.

exops91

Jul 29, 2019
i have tried it and loading is laggy could it be i need to update drivers also can a java 6 and 7 cause trouble if somehow they are both installed also any suggestions to sort the lag out lol[DOUBLEPOST=1368401902][/DOUBLEPOST]loading is the world and movement

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
try updating drivers....uninstall all java version and get the latest one........

this might be of help ,,,,though I can't make head or tales of it.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Hardware_performance

Different computers just seam to handle minecraft differently......and modpacks tend to have higher requirements then the minecraft itself.

I have heard the optifine mod can have results.........

I don't really think you need to upgrade anything........

exops91

Jul 29, 2019
ive got it on now with the optifine and only getting 2fps with the ultimate which is wierd as my specs should run it anyone got any ideas

exops91

Jul 29, 2019
i can only allocate 1gb as only 32 bit windows mite see if my computer could run a 64 bit

exops91

Jul 29, 2019
ive got better fps with 64 bit but stil a little bit choppy so whats the best settings and memory allocation also funny thing when spawned first time spawned in lag central great redwood trees

Status
Not open for further replies.