Can mods change the default font?

Linte

Nov 13, 2012
Hello there!

I recently updated my Monster- Pack from 1.0.10 to the latest 1.0.11 version and for some reason the complete font of the game changed, even in the main menu and so an. I have to say that the change is pretty neat, because the new font is really sharp and crisp, but it lacks readability on every other GUI scale than "Auto". I used the normal GUI scale for ... like forever now and getting used to auto is pretty hard. So I was wondering if theres a way to change the font, either by editing the regarding mod, add a new one or delete something (like I used to with the "old" form of the texture packs).

Greetings,
Linte

Little info: deleting the font folders of my Faithful- TP didnt help.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I believe texture packs(or recourcepacks) still determines fonts. But somehow they are picked when you launch the game. So changing the texturepack in the game menu will not change the font. You would have to disable the pack before you launch the game to get default fonts, I think. Bit confused about this point myself.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Wasnt there a piratey font introduced sometime back before 1.4.7 for vanilla minecraft? I wish that was the default font without all that piratey stuff.

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
One of the mods displays characters (probably through the .lang file) that are not ASCII characters but instead UTF characters and cannot be represented using the default font. So, the font is switched to one with UTF support.

Linte

Nov 13, 2012
So yeah, is there any way to get the normal standard font back, without fiddling some .lang files?