Can it be Automated?

Jayrey

Jul 29, 2019
Okay guys, so this is sort of a challenge mode that everybody can get involved in, I'm very busy so I might not always be able to respond instantly but I'm sure other members will likely get involved.

It's my belief at the moment, that ANYTHING in minecraft, can be automated, in some way, with the right mods.

My challenge to you guys is to give me (and other members) something, that you believe CANNOT be automated, and then we will try to find a way to automate it, if you find something that cannot be automated, you win.

The rules are as follows: We are allowed to use any mods we wish, to try and automate what you asked for.
We are allowed to create a world in creative mode to give us access to anything we want, but we are not allowed to use creative only blocks. Before you give your answer as to HOW it can be automated, you must have either previously automated it in this way, or go into a creative world and test it first, this is purely to stop people saying "It can be automated this way" when they are actually wrong.

This isn't a thread to say "HA, look at me, I'm amazing I can automate anything" because I actually hope I will be beaten and you will get something I can't automate, I'm just curious if that is actually possible.

I have recently had a few challenges from friends that I've automated these included:

Killing the Ender Dragon
Automatically creating botania flowers in the petal apothecary
And...ummmm...making a tree farm (he was pretty new to the game)

Anyways, good luck and let's try keep this friendly :)

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm, challenge: automate insertion of rotors in railcraft turbines...
as for real try automate botania&thaum altars

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
ExtraUtilities QED ore tripling!

*yeah, I know that's cheating as it's been programmed specifically to block anything that's not a registered player from accsessing its inventories

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
...but we are not allowed to use creative only blocks.
Automate the pulling out of items from a Creative Strongbox. Easy, but you can't do it. :p

For real, automate the entire creation process of Galgadorian Metal at a reasonable rate.

Unbr34k4bl3

Jul 29, 2019
Automate the creation (with Framez or the like) to make an (basicly) infinite ae2 storage system! (Doable I think :p, not sure how high the limit on the me controllers is.)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Automate the production of the Botania Gaia Guardian's drops.
Automate the in-world assembly and deployment of a Redpower/Framez tunnel boring machine.
Automate the in-world assembly and operation of Reactorcraft. (forgive me Reika)
Automate the production of any tasteful song as a noteblock sequence. Has to be one you enjoy listening to :)
Automate Thaumcraft research.
(since I'm already dragon food) Automate Chromaticraft research
Automate the usage of Chisel and Bits.

For real, automate the entire creation process of Galgadorian Metal at a reasonable rate.

Logistics pipes for crafting and smelting.
Rotarycraft- spawner controller for blazes/spiders, compress blaze power into glowstone. Bore+ extractor to process basic minerals.
TiCon- slime trees for slimeballs. Harvest with RoC woodcutter.
Buildcraft- stripes pipe to mine obsidian, RoC fluid spiller casts obsidian from lava [from rock melter]
Forestry- farm mushrooms and sugar.
Ghast tears- RoC anti-air gun in the nether. Optional speed boost via soulshards or MFR.

Boring mode: use Bees/MagicCrops/EMC to auto-accumulate all of the above resources.

Last edited:
Reactions: LivingAngryCheese