Can i get my maps from the old launcher to the twitch one?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
B

bananaman454

i finaly found out that the launcher is twitch now. but i want to play sky factory 3 with my old save can someone help?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
You need to figure out where on your computer each launcher is storing all the files, then copy the one you want from the old saved games folder/directory to the new saved games folder/directory.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
MacOS or Windows? I don't remember where the old FTB launcher put things on the Mac, maybe in a folder in the users/library/ tree? The new launcher should be putting them in the Documents folder in a folder labeled Twitch or Curse, unless you specified a different location on install. On Windows I have no clue. A file search for whatever you named your world when you created it should find it.

B

bananaman454

think i found the map file now i just goota find tthe twitch minecraft folder

B

bananaman454

wait if i get the legasy thing does it keep my maps form before?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you are a Windows user and are not hugely technically competent, download and install Everything
Everything is a simple search tool that uses your hard disks own indexing to instantly search, well, everything.
You can use it to find, with no knowledge of where twitch / classic / FTB / MultiMC etc. typically store things, where your various Minecraft profile folders are. You could use your regular hard drive search, but its slow, oh so slow.

All Minecraft launchers store their instances as a very similar Minecraft profile folder, typically the instance folder contains a sub folder called ".minecraft" or just "minecraft", and that folder contains the various Minecraft folders that make up a typical profile: "mods", "config" etc. and most crucially "saves". Use any of these folder names as key phrases in Everything and you will quickly find where Twitch or FTB or whatever has stored the saves for your various instances and then be able to copy the save you want.