Can I disable the Spawn Chunks ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
I want to disable the Spawn Chunks around the Spawn Point (the ones that always remain loaded if there is a player in the Overworld). Is there a way ?
I have found this, but I'm not sure it does what I want, ALSO it hasn't been updated since 2012 :(
I'm playing 1.6.4 SSP (modded, obvs)

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Forge can force that. There's forgeChunkLoading.cfg in which you can specify different chunkloading allowances for mods. If you add minecraft to that with zero allowance it could work or it could just not work because hardcoding and such.

Code:
minecraft {
  # Maximum chunks per ticket for the mod.
  I:maximumChunksPerTicket=25

# Maximum ticket count for the mod. Zero disables chunkloading capabilities.
  I:maximumTicketCount=0
}

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Forge can force that. There's forgeChunkLoading.cfg in which you can specify different chunkloading allowances for mods. If you add minecraft to that with zero allowance it could work or it could just not work because hardcoding and such.

Code:
minecraft {
  # Maximum chunks per ticket for the mod.
  I:maximumChunksPerTicket=25

# Maximum ticket count for the mod. Zero disables chunkloading capabilities.
  I:maximumTicketCount=0
}
It doesn't work...

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe set the world spawn off to the side somewhere, so as to not interfere with your evil plans.
How do you know about my evil plans ? EXPLAIN !
Moving the spawn would not solve the problem. Also, I'd actually like to know if it's possible to disable it (or..shrink it?)

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
How do you know about my evil plans ? EXPLAIN !
Moving the spawn would not solve the problem. Also, I'd actually like to know if it's possible to disable it (or..shrink it?)
The spawn chunks are hard-coded into the game. You can only move them- you can't change them in any other way than that. (ie: /setworldspawn)