Can Apple Oak Sapling be used for Orchards?

Tymewizard

Jul 29, 2019
i had a aboretum running and somehow my saplings mutated into apple oak saplings. i was wondering if they are useful in orchards so i may use the apples to power my biogas engines. or will i be better off sticking with my tree farm. i love the idea of apple power im just wondering how many apples i will produce and if they are compataible with the orchard configuaration.

Nakamura2828

Jul 29, 2019
The same thing happened to me, and the Apple Oak saplings work perfectly fine. I've got quite a few barrels of apples right now, though I'm currently using a nearby oil-geyser→refinery→combustion-engine to power the farm, so I'm not sure how much surplus you would get with biogas.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
actually, you can use apple juice in the fermentation process to get a 150% output of biomass. It would be better to use your apples that way than just strait into the engines.

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
Apple Oak Sapling can be used for planting and biomass... I'm pretty sure it's just a genome-type tree to assist in bee breeding

Keep in mind, however, that (unless it's been fixed) these saplings can't form into plantballs..
Which is a shame if you are trying to do the Plantball -> Dirt recipe...

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
the new multifarms convert saplings into forestry-saplings, so that they can't be bonemeal'd (which seems kind of silly IMO but whatever)