Can anyone ID what this structure is on my map?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Nether star for moving the spawner to my base. Yes, you can turn off the spawner with torches, but this is feed the beast ffs... The thing about ftb is making things a little more complicated.. I make spawner that do not need my attention, not swords, no torches, no nothing. But i make them with vanilla spawners because using mrf or soul cages seems too op for me, is that hard to understand? And where is an exaggeration to say that you cna make an autospawner in 5 minutes? do you play with a broken mouse or what? If i had what it needs i would make a video of it just to show you how easy it is xD
I dunno, five minutes? Is this from world start? If you need a nether star, this is typically an hour's work to find a wither skeleton source, and a couple hours to get 3 skulls, but ~1 minute to summon and kill the wither.

Mind you, the Portaspawner is insanely overpriced for what it does. And you seem to be an Eagle. Well, almost one, you seem to be cunning enough to use the ctrl key, but stil..

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, five minutes? Is this from world start? If you need a nether star, this is typically an hour's work to find a wither skeleton source, and a couple hours to get 3 skulls, but ~1 minute to summon and kill the wither.

Mind you, the Portaspawner is insanely overpriced for what it does. And you seem to be an Eagle. Well, almost one, you seem to be cunning enough to use the ctrl key, but stil..
thats why people use portal guns or gravi guns or force wrench and few other things :3

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
thats why people use portal guns or gravi guns or force wrench and few other things :3
I know, right? It's fine, I guess, but it's expensive as all hell and only good for one use, where as other options are viable and cooler. Heck, even RotaryCraft has a cheaper way of doing this, just get a Bedrock pick and mine it.
It's not that hard to get bedrock ingots, right?

Greymerk

Jul 29, 2019
As an aside, love the floor changes, miss the enchanting room bookshelves, they taught me an aesthetically pleasing way to arrange my bookshelves.

rofl.. you have no idea how much time I spent trying to come up with a way that I liked. My initial plan was to actually build a piston based selection mechanism into the room, but I wound up needing to put in so much redstone it would have protruded through the ceiling of rooms on the floor below.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
rofl.. you have no idea how much time I spent trying to come up with a way that I liked. My initial plan was to actually build a piston based selection mechanism into the room, but I wound up needing to put in so much redstone it would have protruded through the ceiling of rooms on the floor below.
The only way I've ever made such a system work was with Thaumic Tinkerer and just switching out the bookshelves with air when I wanted to turn it down. Now that I have Botnia, I might be able to do so with that cool "piston mimicry" system that can push blocks without attached pistons.

Greymerk

Jul 29, 2019
The only way I've ever made such a system work was with Thaumic Tinkerer and just switching out the bookshelves with air when I wanted to turn it down. Now that I have Botnia, I might be able to do so with that cool "piston mimicry" system that can push blocks without attached pistons.

I just wanted on/off state. I only ever want level 1 or 30, never anything in between in practical situations.

I did get it to work how i wanted, but it was way more redstone than it was worth.

Greymerk

Jul 29, 2019
I know, right? It's fine, I guess, but it's expensive as all hell and only good for one use, where as other options are viable and cooler. Heck, even RotaryCraft has a cheaper way of doing this, just get a Bedrock pick and mine it.
It's not that hard to get bedrock ingots, right?

That's the problem I see with mod balance is that there's no standard way of figuring out how expensive something should be. I personally feel like moving spawners should be expensive because of how useful it is, and how the results can be endlessly rewarding.

But then you could wind up with the mod being used in conjunction with another mod that say makes netherstars randomly fall from the sky. You'll notice I didn't add those to loot chests, and that was purely out of respect for their rarity. I felt strange about adding wither skulls to the dungeon, but I have on the other hand always felt wither skulls are way too grindy to acquire in vanilla, so whatever.

My real question is why isn't the ability to place mob spawners a feature in vanilla minecraft creative mode yet? ugh! I actually threw together a mod once that let you set the mob type by right clicking on a blank spawner with a spawn egg. it was super easy, four lines of code, took me 10 minutes to implement and test.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019

5 minutes for setting up a MFR auto-spawner, thats what i meant, and not from world creation.. You dont need auto spawn in world creation, you start to need it 5 or 6 hours into game, at which point mfr is really easy..

Thats why i use portaspawner, because its overpriced.. One of the single things i find completely gamebreaking is being able to spawn everything you want. Thats why i put some rules for me, to make it harder..