Can anyone explain why this Big Reactors turbine won't turn into a multiblock?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
P

PMC_Official

Title Can anyone explain why this Big Reactors turbine won't turn into a multiblock?

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack

Modpack version

Have you modified the pack?

Link to log file

Details of the issue I'm using a highly customized modpack but what I am doing is purely big reactors related. It's unfortunately not working, if anyone could help
Link to screenshots in post below

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It looks like you haven't got any Fluid Ports or Power Taps. While I don't think either of these are required in theory, it might be worth adding them in. Other than that, I haven't spotted anything awry... I can't imagine its a chunk boundary issue, but maybe?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
iirc, you get a message telling you why it doesn't form when you right-click the controller block. Have you already done that?

P

PMC_Official

iirc, you get a message telling you why it doesn't form when you right-click the controller block. Have you already done that?
Ah never knew that. No I didn't but when I did it said it can only be built 16 blocks horizontally, I changed the config but for my server I'll build vertically, thank you

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ah never knew that. No I didn't but when I did it said it can only be built 16 blocks horizontally, I changed the config but for my server I'll build vertically, thank you
Let me know if that works. I think the "Horizontal" thing might actually be a misnomer. I believe it really means the turbine can only be 16 blocks "long", whether that's horizontal or vertical.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Let me know if that works. I think the "Horizontal" thing might actually be a misnomer. I believe it really means the turbine can only be 16 blocks "long", whether that's horizontal or vertical.
I think you might be right. I was going to state my experience as a counterpoint, but when I added up the numbers, I'm pretty sure it was exactly 16 blocks high:

While playing Agrarian Skies in 1.6.4, I decided to build my turbines vertically above and below my reactor (thought it looked a bit like a warp core when I was done, I liked it), and I went for 80 blade turbines which had 8 blades around the rotor; if memory serves, that ended up as being 10 height for the rotors, plus 4 height for the coils, plus 2 for the outside walls, so... huh. 16.

Reactions: Pyure