Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* We had a crash earlier, and now I can't even login to our server. It's up, and jvisualvm clearly shows it stuck in the electricraft networking recalculate. My base is the largest installation, and it's chunkloaded but I can't say what the state is because of the crash.

I may remove Electricraft from our server, I can't let players (or myself) have a mod that just brings down the whole server for everyone. I'm not sure what to do about it. I may have to roll back to backup.

Ragia08

Jul 29, 2019
Can we use the ignition unit as infinite flint and steel (because thats what it does inside engines)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
No block form? No mystcraft worlds with oceans lakes of lubricant and coolant?

(Hey, oceans would be too unstable, right? )

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Lemme look into it, I might be able to satisfy your... inclinations. ;)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
No block form? No mystcraft worlds with oceans lakes of lubricant and coolant?

(Hey, oceans would be too unstable, right? )
Lemme look into it, I might be able to satisfy your... inclinations. ;)

You realize how unbalanced and techtree-destroying that would be, right? I already blacklisted all the fluids from MystCraft, so even if someone does add a block, it will not generate them.

Can we use the ignition unit as infinite flint and steel (because thats what it does inside engines)
It would not work without a power source.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You realize how unbalanced and techtree-destroying that would be, right? I already blacklisted all the fluids from MystCraft, so even if someone does add a block, it will not generate them.
Relax, what I intend to do is create "dirty" lubricant. It won't have any value other than give our strange-minded individual something to wallow around in. I'll even see to it that it won't be useful to a hydro genny, nor can it lube any machine.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Bikini wrestling aside, I don't see a lake of lubricant as being that game breaking. It's not hard to set up a free, self sustaining canola seed farm and grinder really early on. From then it's just time.

Jet fuel yeah, I can see how lakes of jet fuel could hurt. Ethanol is pretty cheap, but eh, it makes for some short cuts if you have infinite lakes of it.

Then again, it's not my mod, and I have no say in what's balanced or not, or what Reika should or should not do.

Honestly, all the crap people give you... You're a better man than I.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm...what about a quartz/steel spring-powered striker? If memory serves, striking quartz with steel would be able to spark enough to light things on fire, and the spring would basically make it function similarly to a Zippo.

Kotaro

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine adding a "low power" mode to the fireball launcher that would do this.

Last edited: