Building My Own Computer (HELP!)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Is This CPU Future-Proof AND Good For FTB?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda figured that though when I was buying it.

If you haven't already, re-apply the thermal paste on it as they likely used crap. You may also want to see what cooling system they have on your CPU, as it could very well just be the stock AMD cooler, which is crap as well. IBuyPower is an extremely horrible company to work with, from personal experience of assisting others getting out of issues with them.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
If you haven't already, re-apply the thermal paste on it as they likely used crap. You may also want to see what cooling system they have on your CPU, as it could very well just be the stock AMD cooler, which is crap as well. IBuyPower is an extremely horrible company to work with, from personal experience of assisting others getting out of issues with them.
Who runs IBuyPower? How can they live with a horrible guilty conscience like that? :'c Somebody should send them termites in the mail >:c

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Who runs IBuyPower? How can they live with a horrible guilty conscience like that? :'c Somebody should send them termites in the mail >:c

That's how most companies work, because honor and pride in ones own work has been destroyed in favor of corruption. On the bright side, building a computer yourself is easy enough to do it is frightening that anyone would do otherwise.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
That's how most companies work, because honor and pride in ones own work has been destroyed in favor of corruption. On the bright side, building a computer yourself is easy enough to do it is frightening that anyone would do otherwise.
My friend didn't feel like letting my dad and I help him build a computer, and now he's complaining that his laptop won't let him do a lot of things. He's a gamer, and he decides to buy an average laptop. :/

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
My friend didn't feel like letting my dad and I help him build a computer, and now he's complaining that his laptop won't let him do a lot of things. He's a gamer, and he decides to buy an average laptop. :/

You have strange choice in friends. Normally, after a person as proven they are unwilling to be rational, I no longer consider them a "friend". Granted, that is why I have so few people I can consider friends, but better to have your score properly sorted.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019

Man, If I were you, I would suggested him to buy a desktop.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
He did that. At this point, if he hasn't already, a few dozen "I told you so, dummy!"s are needed.
I remind him every day he says "I wish I could run FTB with those cool shaders and on high graphics. I also wish I could play Portal. Hey dude, how do I change my graphics card?"
He also doesn't even move his laptop. He uses it like a desk top.

thomaslzw

Jul 29, 2019
If you are going to buy a pre-built, buy origin. My dad's company uses origin gaming desktops as a replacement for expensive workstation graphics.