Building aura in areas without any... How?

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a beautiful island base built on the edge of a volcano, and it's nearly ideal in very way, but there's no aura. As far as I can tell, nodes don't spawn much in ocean biomes, and the island only had a single tree on it to begin with, so there wasn't much to encourage a node to spawn nearby.

How do I get a local aura? Silverwoods won't grow until there's at least 100 aura in the area, and I don't think the aura batteries I've been seeing in DW20's videos are out yet (please tell me if I'm wrong. That would probably be the easiest solution.)

I'm really reluctant to haul a node across hundreds of blocks of ocean if I don't have to... any suggestions?

djtlite138

Jul 29, 2019
Those aura batteries (crystal capacitor) are out now, ocean biomes can have nodes (the one my friend's volcano is in has 5 in close proximity) and honestly if there is no node then the capacitor likely wont even work... I have yet to test it (another buddy's village has none and i made him an infernal furnace without knowing...) my best suggestion if you are playing ssp is to either get into the configs and regenerate the aura or if you have nothing to lose yet, check the seed, start over and go back and try again. Aura isnt defined by seed so you could have a different node there. My favorite place to build a wizard stronghold will always be mushroom biomes both because the weird environment making it look more magical and because nodes there are HUGE.

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
Damn. Ok, thanks. I guess I get to go wither hunting and gather some stars. I'm way too far built up to restart, and regenerating the aura didn't work.

djtlite138

Jul 29, 2019
Also using crystal core clusters to move nodes requires alot of time and moves the closest node within 24 blocks. If mystcraft is installed make a thaumlab away from your home and have a linking book to the new lab.

Yippy Kai Aye

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tested this in an area without a node but using the thaumic hoe of growth should allow you to grow a silverwood sapling and create a new node. Worth a shot imo.

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, the Hoe of Growth will not override the need to have 100 vis in the area in order to grow a silverwood tree.

I did eventually lure a node close enough that my island had aura, and then found that the normal node I'd pulled nearby was outside the range of any other nodes, and thus wasn't really refilling to get to the 100 vis needed. I ended up spending several hours in total stretching the local aura network to support the node I pulled close to my island only to find that once I'd grown the first tree, it then monopolized the local aura and (since it was less that 100 aura) made it so that I couldn't grow any other trees.Using a bunch of mixed crystal clusters and a capacitor seemed to make it possible to grow the second tree without having the aura show as more than 100, but I was frustrated at that point and didn't do gentle testing so much as just slam down a bunch of crystals and play havoc with the flux for a while and then use my hoe and pray.

I do finally have it working but it took an ungodly amount of shards, several hours of time and a good bit of lost patience. However, I can now have my wizard's tower exactly where I want it, rather than putting it elsewhere.