Buildcraft Upcoming features:

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
by the look of it, BC always needed some unknown pipe-related thingies.
i mean what the hell is that?

Reactions: RedBoss

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I think robots are supposed to be a little like a cross between TC golums and Compcraft turtles.
Functioning like golums you can program. Though easier than turtles... I hope.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
If I had to guess, I'd probably say that they would be mini-inventories that auto-eject.

Something simple like a one-block inventory where everything that enters it gets dumped directly into the pipe it's attached to (and possibly the reverse. A mini inventory that holds things). It would give somewhere for blocks that interact with inventories, but not pipes, to play with, without needing to completely rewrite things on either end.

Just idle speculation, though.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I think you are kinda right but they are meant to work with the robots. The black and blue things probably activate functions on the robot.
Example: You have a autocrafted solar come through the pipe. It goes past the emitter and into the little box. That signal tells the robot to place it at the end of a row of other solars.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I can't be the only one who sees that those look like the robot that clears the area for the quarry, right?

they're modeled after them yes. not suprising as Spacetoad was the one who designed the original robot
here you can see a whole family of robots working together

lMmSn2n.png

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
they're modeled after them yes. not suprising as Spacetoad was the one who designed the original robot
here you can see a whole family of robots working together

lMmSn2n.png

So basically portable fillers? That's pretty cool.

As long as they don't remove actual fillers, of course.

Reactions: RedBoss

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
So basically portable fillers? That's pretty cool.

As long as they don't remove actual fillers, of course.
More than that I think. Do you see what I see? There's bin talk of it awhile now but no progress in so long I has forgotten about it. Whats it? A bluprint and by extension an auto builder.

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
I can't be the only one who sees that those look like the robot that clears the area for the quarry, right?

I believe he had more ambitious plans for them past the quarry, although he never had the chance to implement them until now.