Problem Buildcraft power not going to query! (Direwolf20)

dezex

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
i'm new to technical mods and server management in general but i have a series bug (at least i think so) .
Started server only few days back , using direwolf20 server pack basically unchanged.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
(Before log-out)
So, when i or any one on server makes a query with steam engine (Hobbyist's Steam Engine) /thermal expedition one or i thin any other engine for that mater it works fine until i log out.

When i log back in: a) query did not continue to work when i logged out
and b) it doesn't start up at all , energy is filling up at first gold conductive pipe until it or the engine explodes.
only way to start it back up is to remove the energy filled pipes and place them back again.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
(after re-log)
So how my question is how to make queries work when i'logged out & what are the posible fixes/workarounds for power transition ?

Hope any one can help & thanks in advance !

P.s. Sorry if it was already in forums but i could not find any info.

dezex

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like you have 3 connections going into the machine (pump) in them middle- causing a power loop.
hmm you mean in quarry ? (theirs only one) and if you are thinking in thermal expedition steam engine than yes there are 3 connections to it from gold pipes (idk why) but the this a cored even before i added it. :(

glasspelican

Jul 29, 2019
what changes did you make to the pack?

first glance suggests that a chunk the pipe travels through is unloading, so you could try a chunkloader.
If it is a glitch with the pipes, use redstone energy conduit .

dezex

Jul 29, 2019
what changes did you make to the pack?
emm basically did not change anything in pack only added optifine to client and we used world map we started earlier on ssp that's it.
first glance suggests that a chunk the pipe travels through is unloading, so you could try a chunkloader.
Yeah , that's what i think too but i thought new quarries keep the chunks they are working in loaded .. So as i understand i can use only railcraft anchors for chunk loading right ? is there a way to see chunks that are loaded ? (like a grid or something like it) i think i saw it in one of direwolf20 videos ,but now i can't find it.
If it is a glitch with the pipes, use redstone energy conduit .
ill try them and try this save in SSP toO and report back..

Elfhugger

Jul 29, 2019
I was having the same issue, a world anchor seems to be the fix, a chicken chunk loader does not work for whatever reason.

I have a question, is this quarry in a Mystcraft age? I had my exact same set up in the Overworld, i used it in two separate places with no issues.

Danman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a similar problem with gold conductive pipes going around my base creating a loop of power when i have a leading pipe of towards my quarry it doesnt get any of the power. The quarry works at first but when an engine runs out of fuel and stops and I start the engines back up the quarry stops working even if i rearrange pipes, power will not get to the quarry!

Zexmaxwell001

Jul 29, 2019
Never loop your BC power.
ALways load the chunks where there are pipes.(Beginning, middle and end.)
Chicken chunks adds a command to your game to show you what chunk and world is loaded. (/chunkloaders)
Rei minimap mod has an option to toggle chunk borders. this will help you figure out where chunks start and end.
By default Chunk loaders loadup on server start. regardless of the world they are in.

Danman

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to try out redstone conduits instead and they're awesome! as direwolf puts it