BuildCraft Engine Help!

S

StarvedArtist

Hi!

New here and I need some BuildCraft 1.12.2 help please. I’m pretty good at messing around with mods and figuring out how all the machines work but I CANNOT figure out how to connect a tank to automatically go into a combustion engine. I tried every which way, I’ve googled and watched videos and I do everything they say and show but it isn’t working. Is it a bug with the mod?? Please help. :confused:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can you give more details on what you're trying to do? When you say "connect a tank to automatically go into a combustion engine", are you actually trying to say "how to pull fluids from a tank and put them into a combustion engine" ? (And if so,what kind of tank?)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
S

StarvedArtist

Yes I’m trying to take a tank full of water and a tank full of oil and put the fluid going into the engine. So I don’t have to come back and put fluid into it often. It’s the normal BC tanks and I’ve tried all the different BC pipes and I also saw someone say fluiducts so I even tried those. I can’t get the fluid to go out into the pipes and into the engine.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes I’m trying to take a tank full of water and a tank full of oil and put the fluid going into the engine. So I don’t have to come back and put fluid into it often. It’s the normal BC tanks and I’ve tried all the different BC pipes and I also saw someone say fluiducts so I even tried those. I can’t get the fluid to go out into the pipes and into the engine.
Sounds great. I can talk you through both methods, but some screenshots might help too.

For BC, you need extraction pipes. I believe you want to use wooden fluid transport pipes (I may be botching the name, but just make sure its WOOD and FLUID and you should be good)
That pipe needs a redstone engine pointing to it and running (with a redstone signal from, say, a lever)

If you decide to go with Fluiducts, I believe you're talking about the ones from Thermal Dynamics. Those make for a tidier build.
For Fluiducts, you need a servo of some sort (again, I forget the name, but I believe there are different levels of them these days) attached to the pipe that attaches to the tank. Right click the servo so that you can put it in a mode where it will "pull" without a redstone signal.

In both cases, you need a mechanism on the pipe touching the tank that forcibly "extracts" fluid from the tank.

Last edited:
S

StarvedArtist

Thank you SOOOOOOO much! That was driving me insane lol I haven’t played FTB in awhile and I completely forgot that fluiducts need servos. I had no idea about BC pipes needing engines though. Both ways worked. Thanks!

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you SOOOOOOO much! That was driving me insane lol I haven’t played FTB in awhile and I completely forgot that fluiducts need servos. I had no idea about BC pipes needing engines though. Both ways worked. Thanks!

Assuming BC hasn't changed too much from the version I am familiar with:

Some blocks - mostly from other mods like Railcraft iirc - have an auto eject fluid feature that can confuse the issue. Also, once you have a laser table you can craft the pulsing gate thingy which will drive a fluid extraction pipe.