Buildcraft Energy routing?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
So I've seen some issues with conductive pipes. Basically some devices work just fine and others are completely ignored. I was wondering if there's a way to stop this.

For example, below:
Untitled.png

The fermenter, Circled in pink, will literally only tick once per 20-30 seconds so it can sometimes take 5-6 minutes to process a single sapling. This isn't nearly fast enough to feed the engines.
If I cut the line going to the quarry, it will burn through saplings in seconds. I tried routing one of engines to it but it just blows the gold pipe as there's no way for me to feed saplings fast enough to it.

At the moment i'm just dumping saplings in, cutting the quarry line until the energy in the pipes is almost critical, then hook the quarry back up.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
If you really want to route energy very specifically, invest in redstone energy cells.

Set the one for the fermenter to only accept and output what it needs, and the same for the rest of your machines. Just use conduits the whole way as well to minimize your energy loss.

Reactions: war_kittens

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
Well I don't want specifically, I would just prefer a device isn't completely ignored.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
That's the best way to get the proper input to your fermenter, unless you're willing to dig into the source code and make a commit to the BC repository.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
That's the best way to get the proper input to your fermenter, unless you're willing to dig into the source code and make a commit to the BC repository.
Which will likely be ignored, because the maintainers of buildcraft want conductive pipes to work that way.

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
Well If i was going to dive into coding, I would more than likely make a custom conductive pipe that allowed you to control energy flow.

I don't like java to much though.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Well If i was going to dive into coding, I would more than likely make a custom conductive pipe that allowed you to control energy flow.

I don't like java to much though.

You've already got that, it's called a redstone energy cell. Don't go out of your way for a solution when you've got the perfect one right in your face.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
You could move one of the engines to power the fermenter specifically.

But honestly, conduits are so great that the only reason to not use them is that you're so hardcore that you do your programming in intercal and would rather commit sepuku than take the worn path.

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
Well Energy cell is going to require some equipment I don't have built at the moment, including the fact that diamonds are still lacking in my warehouse, Like 3 or 4 and I have a few other things that need them more than this.

I was hoping there was something I could correct to get it working as is but it appears that's not possible.

Tesseracts look much more useful diamond wise. I could just setup everything in my warehouse and then remove all the extra stuff from there.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Well Energy cell is going to require some equipment I don't have built at the moment, including the fact that diamonds are still lacking in my warehouse, Like 3 or 4 and I have a few other things that need them more than this.

I was hoping there was something I could correct to get it working as is but it appears that's not possible.

Tesseracts look much more useful diamond wise. I could just setup everything in my warehouse and then remove all the extra stuff from there.
Your specific setup doesn't really need a cell. Just conduits. You can get it to work perfectly with a grand total of 44 electrum, 11 lead, 11 pulverized obsidian and 44 redstone.

EDIT: Sorry, 12 electrum, 3 lead, 3 pulverized obsidian and 48 redstone.

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
Well ill give it a try. Had to take a look and realized I used most of my gold to make electrum. need to make a magma crucible first.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
The only conductive pipes I make nowadays are the ones I power my furnace, pulverizer, crucible, transposer and induction smelter with untill I have energy conduits. They're miles and miles better, especially now that conduits can blow up.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The only conductive pipes I make nowadays are the ones I power my furnace, pulverizer, crucible, transposer and induction smelter with untill I have energy conduits. They're miles and miles better, especially now that conduits can blow up.
I think ya have that backwards, unless TE and BuildCraft pipes pulled a swithceroo while I wasn't lookin.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Same. CBA to faff around with gates and pipe wires to control energy flow. Much prefer to go to the next "tier/level" of TE conduits, plus for some reason, I'm just not keen on gates.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah sorry, meant the conductive pipes.
Haha, saight. We've all gotten things mixed up 'fore.

Also, I do like gates, just not for controlling my engines. I'm one of those curmudgeons who like flicking his engines on manually.

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
Anyways the fermenters behaving properly now. I'm going to go ahead and replace all the pipe running to my farms with conduits.

Also, which causes more lag, Redpower's pipes or buildcraft pipes? My whole base here lags quite a bit, FPS drops from few hundreds to about 15.
I actually went out today and bought a processor for a second computer I had(Could only find a hex-core, win win I suppose) so I could use it as a server and it had no effect on my FPS in here.

Heres a screenshot of my wearhouse. Its not finished, Diamond chest is for stuff that needs to be sorted into the silver chests.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
It seems there's issues with Redpower causing lag at the moment. Unfortunately Eloraam seems to have vanished from the face of the earth.