Buildcraft Builder question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vince959

Jul 29, 2019
If the blueprint design has some water blocks in it, the builder will ask for buckets of water. Just wonder if it is possible to connect a pump to pump water into the builder or there is another way to do it so I don't have to do it manually

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
The templates you make for your builder only care that there should be a block at X,Y,Z you could make your template out of dirt (which is what I do) and it will build it out of what ever you put in it. Never played with using water so I do not know if it will count it as a block or not. But it does not place liquids from what I've seen.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Waterproof pipes do not even connect to a Builder.

(No offense dude, but testing this would take less time than even logging in to the forums, not to mention making a post and waiting for answers.)

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
The templates you make for your builder only care that there should be a block at X,Y,Z you could make your template out of dirt (which is what I do) and it will build it out of what ever you put in it. Never played with using water so I do not know if it will count it as a block or not. But it does not place liquids from what I've seen.
Just to have this a tad more detailed: Using a >template< your answer is correct. But using a >blueprint<, the builder indeed specifies what blocks he wants before it even begins building at all. Seeing the opener talk about "blueprint designs" I think this difference matters here. ;)

vince959

Jul 29, 2019
Waterproof pipes do not even connect to a Builder.

(No offense dude, but testing this would take less time than even logging in to the forums, not to mention making a post and waiting for answers.)

Thanks for telling, I saw it does not connect. I've tried this in creative mode test world but is uncertain about this, so I asked so and my 2nd question is if there is another way to automate this.

vince959

Jul 29, 2019
I always get the basic builder and the advanced builder confused, but it IS buildcraft, so it might be able to figure out a pipe of water, please try it, report back, and let the wiki crew know.

Is there an advanced builder? Didn't notice its there, I am gonna check it out.