Bugged Colossus playing direwolf20 modpack, is there a solution?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
Just ran into a colossus and after I destroy the first block it totally bugs out and I can't destroy anymore of the blocks in order to get the parts. As I get within pickaxe range of it, it starts disappearing and blinking back and forth. I can't walk on it because it makes me glitch and get stuck. Pickaxe has no effect on the glowing blocks you normally break. Reloading didn't help. I figured I must not have been the first person to experience this. I did a google search and saw one other person state the exact same problem on reddit or something but nobody had answer for him.

I'm just wondering if someone has discovered this problem and found a way to solve it. And I'm wondering if the mod that it is part of (factorization I think) is totally bugged within the direwolf20 modpack. When initially looked at the colossus before breaking the first block, WAILA recognized the blocks and told me "colossus arm / factorization", but after I broke the first block and it started glitching It only said "unknown".

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I too have this issue on my roomates local server. We found a few colossus but any interaction with it or breaking of blocks on it makes it start to bug out. It comes alive, we see the health bar for it, but it seems to topple over part way then go transparent and get stuck. At that point it cant be hit and just bugs out. It remains that way even on server restart.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Destroying all non-Colossus blocks connecting it before you wake it up keeps it from bugging out trying to move blocks that aren't meant to be part of him