Bug with vanilla ender chest? (Magic Pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was playing around in the twilight forest since everything is already automated (except bees cause I do my breeding manually currently) and was exploring a labyrinth. I came across one of those vaults that can contain the rarest stuff (including a maze breaker) and started mining it. In there, I found 2 vanilla ender chests. When I tried placing them down, nothing was happening at all. I then tried to place them on multiple surfaces (from XYcraft structures to vanilla wood, including almost everything in between) but it just couldn't be placed down. I can craft them, so they're not completely disabled.. Anyone has an idea on what could be going on?

Reactions: MorenZero5

chaossdragon

Jul 29, 2019
check your config's for EnderStorage...

#Set to true to make the vanilla enderchest unplaceable.
disable-vanilla=true

MorenZero5

Jul 29, 2019
Bug still exist. I'm playing Mindcrack pack but I think this bug is in all packs with Twilight Forest.
Can't map generation be changed in order to find in the labyrinth EnderStorage chests instead vanilla ones?
THX!

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Stupid mods and its nerfs.

well, for the first and only time a nerf that isnt under greg's name.

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
They originally disabled the enderchest from crafting, but because som nods needed it for crafting they changed it around

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Stupid mods and its nerfs.

well, for the first and only time a nerf that isnt under greg's name.
don't see how it's a nerf... the enderstorage enderchest is by far far far superior to the vanilla kind. The only reason I could see one being needed is for that miscperipherals peripheral

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
The question is more about why you would want the vanilla one when you have access to the mod ones.
Seriously, if you want it private, just click the lock with a diamond, and if you don't, you can use them to automate.

crazy_fab

Jul 29, 2019
It's not completely true as other can access your locked enderchest (but not create/place it) whereas you are the only one able to access the content of you vanilla enderchest.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
They serve slightly different functions, and I'm pretty sure most FTB players like as much choice as they can get.
The vanilla enderchest serves more as a safe/enderchest combo, which is very useful in some rare situations; I don't see why it should be disabled seeing as the code is already there.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
don't see how it's a nerf... the enderstorage enderchest is by far far far superior to the vanilla kind. The only reason I could see one being needed is for that miscperipherals peripheral

you can't lock enderchests to the public, and if you do, someone can just open it at your house.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
you can't lock enderchests to the public, and if you do, someone can just open it at your house.

You can lock them away from the public with a diamond, the only issue is that if there's an abusive mod/admin on your server they can just open up your private ender chest and steal everything. With vanilla ender chests, the way the data is stored it can't be accessed by anybody besides you.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You can lock them away from the public with a diamond, the only issue is that if there's an abusive mod/admin on your server they can just open up your private ender chest and steal everything. With vanilla ender chests, the way the data is stored it can't be accessed by anybody besides you.

if you lock it with a diamond it can still be accesed by others.