[Bug] Launcher won't download modpacks

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

frostdu10

Jul 29, 2019
Hello world ! ,

so, recently I wanted play with a friend on Direwolf 1.6.4 and when I launched my launcher it takes a lot of time to start and the other surprise is : there are no modpacks ! It's write that the launcher is downloading modpacks... cool... but after 2 hours it is a bit long aren't you ? And my friend send to me the "ftblauncher" folder... I have the modpacks... and... when I hit the button launch... nothing hapends !

So, I think this is a problem with the connexion but this is weird because there is no logic, I have a good connexion !

I hope that somebody can help me...

PS: If my English is not perfect, It's normal I'm french.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please post in this format:

Operating System, bit type:
Java version/update, bit type:
Launcher version:
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n):
Console log, pastebin.com link:
Description of the problem:

Also follow the links in the format so we can skip me telling you to do that later.

The initial download and install of these mod packs does take a very long time for some users.

frostdu10

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: 64 bit
Java version/update, bit type: 64 bit
Launcher version: 1.2.7
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): yes, I already did.
Console log, pastebin.com link: http://pastebin.com/fWxLBCrj
Description of the problem: so, recently I wanted play with a friend on Direwolf 1.6.4 and when I launched my launcher it takes a lot of time to start and the other surprise is : there are no modpacks ! It's write that the launcher is downloading modpacks... cool... but after 2 hours it is a bit long aren't you ? And my friend send to me the "ftblauncher" folder... I have the modpacks... and... when I hit the button launch... nothing hapends !

It's better like that ?

Also follow the links in the format so we can skip me telling you to do that later.

sorry I don't understand this I'm french don't forget xD

frostdu10

Jul 29, 2019
It's stupid and not logic >< (but It's windows so I wil lost nothing to try)

EDIT : yeah I remember, SFR worked with te launcher xD

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Don't do that.
You bumped your post, without adding any more information, which some of the moderation staff consider to be spam (see rule 5).
By bumping your post, you're telling everyone else who has posted in Tech Support that you think your issue is more important then theirs, which is rather rude.

You might need to uninstall your antivirus software to get the launcher to work properly.

yuuwolfman

Jul 29, 2019
well ill tell oyu right now i cant down load any mod packs i tried to reinstall ftb luncher and cant even down load that and it cant be my antivirus nore any one elses if we are all having the same problem

amydartist

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem. The launcher just says 'Please wait while mods are being loaded' but they don't load. It's been hours now. Try restart and that doesn't work either. Anyone found an answer to this. Obviously this is a widespread problem.

AgelessAncestor

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, what he said...
Why are ALL the serves down? And does anyone know when they'll be back up?

I have had the exact same problem with FTB not having any modpacks.
And before you say to try anything, please note that I have not done anything different over the past 3 days then any other time before when it was working. I have uninstalled FTB and am about to redownload and reinstall now, but if all the repo servers are down, it won't make any bit of difference.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Avast will not interfere with FTB since i use it and Avast does not care about it at all. Make sure to run FTB in Administration mode, And try changing your server download location to Nuttingham, And if that does not work, Try the other servers, Remember to close your FTB and reopen it each time you change your server download location.

Status
Not open for further replies.