Brightest block in modded Minecraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I want to do a build where it looks like I live in a sun, so I want it to be especially bright, any ideas?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Everything has a maximum brightness in minecraft, so your best bet would to turn up your gamma in the options file.
Or you could cheat in some sun scorned potions from TC if you're in 1.7.10.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I can't remember which mod is it, but there was a solid-white regardless of lighting block somewhere.

Also, blazing pyrotheum from Thermal Expansion 3 is very sun-like.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I can't remember which mod is it, but there was a solid-white regardless of lighting block somewhere.

Also, blazing pyrotheum from Thermal Expansion 3 is very sun-like.
Part A: ExU and only for 1.7.10
Part B: This works, but is still hindered by maximum brightness. It does look badass IMO though.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, exu block sounds awesome, but this is for monster so I guess I'll just use pyrotheum.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Fluiducts filled with lava or pyrotheum work well, as do Wrath Lamps from Factorization (which are known to cause problems with some things) and Arcane Lamps from Thaumcraft. The latter only place invisible light blocks where it's dark enough to spawn mobs (resulting in large area of somewhat patchy light cover), but place no more than needed, reducing problems with plants and things.

Also, Mystcraft ages with the "Bright Lighting" page look like light level 13 or 14 everywhere, regardless of the actual light level. Be warned that it's not necessarily always that bright all the time, so you'll get mob spawns indoors and at night if you don't light the place up or make the age a Mushroom Island biome. If you have Dye Trees, the Rainbow Forest biome ought to work just as well. Also note that Ars Magica mobs appear to be able to spawn in mushroom biomes, unlike all other mobs with the exception of Mooshrooms.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. Magnum torches light up a 64 block radius iirc. They also stop mob spawns.

Fz wraith lamps are pretty good.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hmmm. Magnum torches light up a 64 block radius iirc. They also stop mob spawns.

Fz wraith lamps are pretty good.
Last I checked, magnum torches only prevent natural mob spawns, but don't actually illuminate any more than ordinary glowstone does. They also don't disable things like spawner blocks and Cursed Earth.

Chris Caldwell

Jul 29, 2019
Could you make a mod that increases the max light level to have some insanely bright items or is it just too embedded in the engine?

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing the monster pack on a server. I wanted to stun and wow my fellow players but it seems that I did not make myself clear enough. How do I lock a thread?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing the monster pack on a server. I wanted to stun and wow my fellow players but it seems that I did not make myself clear enough. How do I lock a thread?

Wrath lamp with a carpenter block housing and microblock lens... Works for me, keeps enviro bright and looks +- awesome

MonkeyB

Jul 29, 2019
Fz1ZjJX.jpg

Not all of them of course. But a few.

I'll do more myself later.

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
My personal preference has been the Glowstone Bricks. If you have a means of getting a LOT of Glowstone (the recipe is 8 glowstone blocks surrounding a stone brick for 8 glowstone bricks) you can get a lot of the bricks easily. They have light emanation equivalent to Glowstone Blocks but using them as a building material means there's light everywhere.