Breaking the nether ceiling

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is it possible to get a naga through a Mystcraft portal into the Nether and to break the bedrock ceiling? Or does it break the portal blocks rather than going through them?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I know you can get a Naga into the nether using MFR (Safari Net), and once it is the nether, I guess if you spawn it high enough, I'd say its definitely possible but I think it needs testing before we say that it does happen

Reactions: Riuga

Ytramx

Jul 29, 2019
No, you can use bedrock to trap it. I think it's hard-coded that bedrock is the one thing that it can't break.

Nice to know that it can be done, thanks IMarv.

Withers can't destroy warded glass/stone either. At least not in Ultimate.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Nope.

A BC quarry used to (the construction robot) though. Not sure if it's still the case.
Turns out this is not the case anymore, too bad.
2013-08-16_14.21.18.png
Withers can't destroy warded glass/stone either. At least not in Ultimate.
Not entirely true, they can break it, but these blocks are made to just pop right back into existence.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
You know, you can get on top of the nether even in vanilla. Find a spot where the bedrock is only 1 block thick, place a ladder below it and another block below the ladder. Then throw an ender pearl at the ladder. If done correctly your feet should be in the bedrock, allowing you to jump up. Then make a portal up there and you have the perfect wither-killing place.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You know, you can get on top of the nether even in vanilla. Find a spot where the bedrock is only 1 block thick, place a ladder below it and another block below the ladder. Then throw an ender pearl at the ladder.
Yeah I was vaguely aware that there was an enderpearl method, although I never tried it. I actually thought that all you needed to do was spam enderpearls at the ceiling.

I'd much rather bust a huge hole in the roof though!

Reactions: PeggleFrank