Brain in a jar, full?

ncreen_same

Jul 29, 2019
My exp farm seems to fill up the brain in a jar pretty fast, which causes lots of orbs to sit about, which lags up the game.
2013-02-07_18.15.28.png
Any ideas what I could do to fix this issue?

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
My exp farm seems to fill up the brain in a jar pretty fast, which causes lots of orbs to sit about, which lags up the game.
View attachment 1910
Any ideas what I could do to fix this issue?

In a recent update the brain in a jar had its max amount of EXP capped to a farily low amount (around 30 levels from level 0 IIRC) which is why this happens and realistically I assume was Azanors way of stopping EXP farms from being OP. As for what you could do to fix it the first idea that springs to my mind would be to turn a couple of levels of the rooms walls and the entire floor into brain in a jars. Then time the amount of time it takes for all them brain in a jars to fill up and create some redstone wizardry that basically means you push a button and the farm runs for the amount of time until the jars are full.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I plan on just having the bottom level or two of my drop chute be brains in a jar.

I can understand why the change was made but it's nearly turning it into a useless item. I can stand at my xp farm for about a minute and get more than 30 levels, the only reason to have one there was to soak up all the extra xp so I didn't go over 30 when I let it run for 5 minutes. This would also let me do 5 or 6 enchants in only the amount of time it takes to beat on the jar to get 30 levels out. Sure I can stick it in front of an IF, but why? what's the point when I can easily make an xp farm where that tiny bit of xp really makes no difference at all.

ncreen_same

Jul 29, 2019
I tried using block breakers and deployers to remove the exp... But the exp is just released.
The only reason I have visors on my golems is for wither heads... I don't want the exp.

Damoklesz

Jul 29, 2019
MiscPeripherals 3.0 has the XP Upgrade for turtles. They can suck the xp out of the jars or collect the orbs from the ground. I'm not sure if the turtles have a maximum xp storage or not (I haven't upgraded yet), but they should be able to enchant books as far as I know.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
let's combine a few ideas here

After the golems kill, let transposers take the items, the water flows away with any exp that isn't taken by the brains near the killing pen. Water passes by more brains (and why not a few more transposers, just in case of overflow and stuck states) and then at the end the moving water pushes the exp onto a wooden pressureplate.
If the pressureplate detects exp on it, the signal runs back and turns off the spawner. Figure you can even toss in a state cell or something so it's off for half an hour or an hour instead of turning on and off every 5 minutes.

Reactions: ncreen_same

ncreen_same

Jul 29, 2019
I got somthing working, I flush the trap with water every minute to remove all the exp. Some items are lost but eh.
Thanks for the advice guys and getting the ideas rolling.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I got somthing working, I flush the trap with water every minute to remove all the exp. Some items are lost but eh.
Thanks for the advice guys and getting the ideas rolling.
I just have a transposer at the bottom of my drop chute set up on a timer. I turn it on when I am killing the mobs and it sucks up all the drops. That way you don't lose any items.