Bound Armour + Sigil of Growth + Master Orb

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with the idea of only having 1 sigil type for the whole armor set... most sigils don't really need stacking, because stacking doesn't do much, except the sigil of the green grove
so pretty much the only sigil that would get limited is the green grove one. then again... if you've the resources to do this all, it doesn't really matter anymore if you've a bound armor set with 8 green grove sigils or not...

perhaps an idea to change the LP cost for the bound armor ritual? more sigils would mean a higher LP cost, and adding more sigils of the same type would really increase the LP cost alot

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with the idea of only having 1 sigil type for the whole armor set... most sigils don't really need stacking, because stacking doesn't do much, except the sigil of the green grove
so pretty much the only sigil that would get limited is the green grove one. then again... if you've the resources to do this all, it doesn't really matter anymore if you've a bound armor set with 8 green grove sigils or not...

perhaps an idea to change the LP cost for the bound armor ritual? more sigils would mean a higher LP cost, and adding more sigils of the same type would really increase the LP cost alot

Yeah, the thing about bound armor is that it's pretty endgame. Or at least, late-enough game that by that point you'd want a mob farm anyways to power your armor.

Reactions: YX33A

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well...

I'd like fire protection, water breathing, feather falling, haste, with the option of being able to see nodes.

FF and H go on boots anyways, with WB on helmet. The only extra is that you can get protection 9999999 and fire protection 999999.

But at the cost of 4 nether stars, a mob farm, a fuck ton of time to build those slates and diamonds.... I think it's pretty fair to be able to get all these.

Though, do you need multiple orbs if you have multiple sigils on a single piece of armour, which is powered by a demon shard?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Can my bound helmet with sanguine helmet upgrade, be able to handle a sigil with a demon shard upgrade as well?

Jul 29, 2019
I think maybe if you want to balance it, making it so that multiple sigils of growth and the armor cannot stack. In my playthrough, by the time that I had this armor I already had infinite bonemeal. The reason I did it was to easily stack with the sigil of growth I already had. 2 concurrent sigils is obscene.

It should still probably stack with the ritual though.
instead why not just limit how far you can stack the sigils like instead of 8 sigils of green grove you have 4 XD it makes much more sense

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Do you actually need to be wearing the armour? If not you could make a bibliocraft armour stand the centerpiece of your farm :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Do you actually need to be wearing the armour? If not you could make a bibliocraft armour stand the centerpiece of your farm :)
This is an interesting idea

I know other people can wear your armour and it will draw from your network, so if the armour stand has any player like abilities, then it will work

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, bound armour is a good concept, but needs adjusting. In the latest Etho Mindcraft, (forgot his name) stood in 5 wither's free fire for over 2 minutes.

I am considering installing Ars Magica to fight the bosses. How do the BM bosses compare?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, bound armour is a good concept, but needs adjusting. In the latest Etho Mindcraft, (forgot his name) stood in 5 wither's free fire for over 2 minutes.

I am considering installing Ars Magica to fight the bosses. How do the BM bosses compare?
Ars magica is much more finesse than brute force of BM.

With BM you tend to just get yourself to hit as hard as possible, and take no damage, and that's that.
But with Ars Magica bosses, if you make the mistake of going too close to the air guardian for example, it will toss you in the air, and put a random piece of armour you're wearing into your inventory, so even using bound armour vs it without the right technique will get you killed

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Ars magica is much more finesse than brute force of BM.

With BM you tend to just get yourself to hit as hard as possible, and take no damage, and that's that.
But with Ars Magica bosses, if you make the mistake of going too close to the air guardian for example, it will toss you in the air, and put a random piece of armour you're wearing into your inventory, so even using bound armour vs it without the right technique will get you killed
Then again, some of the later AM2 bosses are honestly a bit overpowered. There's one in particular that's pretty infamous.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
For the most part, I have a tendency of building a maxed out bone bow from TC and shooting everything while flying.

I actually killed the ender dragon using sigil of air, to boost me (cause I had no jet pack), and shot arrows in between. Felt quite 1337, even though hitting the dragon is like shooting the side of a barn.

BM is quite new compared to AM2/TC? Am I okay to say that? It just needs some fine tuning. Once again, the concept of the mod is unique and innovative, just unrefined.

Reactions: Adonis0