Bound Armor question (Blood Magic)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
After creation, are you able to add things like Demon Blood Shards and other sigils, or do you have to completely remake the armor?

It seems like a lot of LP is needed to make the set, not to mention the Weaker Blood Shard farming. It'll take hours, and lot of that will probably be sitting at the altar clicking my dagger with regen potions. Just want to make sure i'm not missing anything. I'm using 6 speed runes and the rest self-sacrifice with my T4 altar. My altar still only holds 10,000 LP and many of these take 25,000+ so it seems like regen is needed.

Also, is there anyway to increase LP I get from my Master Orb? With 1 million cap and 200 per click, that doesn't seem quite right.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
you can put the orb in the altar to recharge it
you were probably better off with rune of sacrifice and a ritual of wtv it's caleld that kills mobs and a mob farm

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
So i'm screwed basically unless I want tons of manual labor or switch to sacrifice? There seems to be no way to fill my orb up completely, and to make everything I need for bound armor will take hours. Then to top it off, i'll just have to make the armor again with better blood shards after I summon demons? Please tell me I am missing something...

There's no way to get some regen runes or something? I can only drink so many potions/eat so much food. 30,000 LP per Socket and I need 28.

Dropping the orb in the altar drains it, and my main problem is I don't have enough blood.

Last edited:

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Charging the orb in the altar means that you can get the effect of your self-sacrifice runes to get more LP per click. Using the orb directly is not an efficient method at all once you get past tier 2.

There is a ritual that will provide you with regeneration while you are in the area, but that does cost LP to run. It'll still work out to an overall positive.

You don't have to completely remake the armour again either. The Ritual of Unbinding will take apart your bound armour, giving you back the filled sockets and any upgrades you put in them. You can then reforge the armour with the better shards and the extra sigils.

Unless you're running something like Botania's Fallen Kanade or Geostrata's Regen potion crystal, then self sacrifice is IMHO a less useful way to do Blood Magic. Sacrifice is a bit harder to set up, but provides a better blood output. If you do want to stick with self-sacrifice, try Blood Magic's Potion system, as it works out more efficient and/or powerful than just using vanilla potions.

Reactions: Eruantien

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Charging the orb in the altar means that you can get the effect of your self-sacrifice runes to get more LP per click. Using the orb directly is not an efficient method at all once you get past tier 2.

There is a ritual that will provide you with regeneration while you are in the area, but that does cost LP to run. It'll still work out to an overall positive.

You don't have to completely remake the armour again either. The Ritual of Unbinding will take apart your bound armour, giving you back the filled sockets and any upgrades you put in them. You can then reforge the armour with the better shards and the extra sigils.

Unless you're running something like Botania's Fallen Kanade or Geostrata's Regen potion crystal, then self sacrifice is IMHO a less useful way to do Blood Magic. Sacrifice is a bit harder to set up, but provides a better blood output. If you do want to stick with self-sacrifice, try Blood Magic's Potion system, as it works out more efficient and/or powerful than just using vanilla potions.

Ah thank you, that's extremely helpful. I'm not even sure how to setup a mob spawn in 1.6.4, I guess they changed how it works, so i'll stick with self-sacrifice and start learning the potion systems.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Ah thank you, that's extremely helpful. I'm not even sure how to setup a mob spawn in 1.6.4, I guess they changed how it works, so i'll stick with self-sacrifice and start learning the potion systems.
What modpack are you using? There's several options based on what mods you have.

Witches trapped inside a well of suffering can heal themselves faster than the well can deal damage, for a totally vanilla option.
Cursed Earth from Extra Utilities with a Well of Suffering placed above can also be used, and you can use vacuum hoppers to collect the drops.
A diamond dolly from JABBA or a Bedrock pickaxe from Rotarycraft can be used to collect mob spawners, which you can use with either a well of suffering or conveyor belts pushing them onto the top of the altar where they can be trapped until needed.
MFR autospawners can also be used in place of spawners.
A classic Darkroom Mob Farm can also be used, by blocking spawns in the surrounding area by lighting/slabbing all the available spawning spots.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I find that self sacrifice is better for early-game processes, while sacrifice and mob spawning is way better in the mid- to late-game, just because of the amount of time, effort, and infrastructure necessary. For instance, you need a tier 4 altar to be able to make the well of suffering; power-playing to get that far isn't that easy in the early game... hence my advice. :)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
WayOfTime's favorite flower, which makes him cry and want to nerf all the stuff :D
waioftiem.png

Reactions: tribalwolf13