botania

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I should go check my botania setup... That's really annoying because I started out with the goal of generating mana from as many sources as I could(daybloom, nightshade, thermalilly, endoflame, entropinium, hydroangea, kekimirus and gourmaryllus) and now because most people just spam passives my grand plan fails...

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh yeah... that would be a bit of pain in the balls to have to recraft those.
Vazz may want to remove the rune requirement if they haven't already.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
hydrangeas shouldnt wither, imo. Because they are a bit more difficult to craft than dayblooms, and require a rune.
True, but they are still good. Maybe not as quickly, but they should still wither. But maybe 3x as slowly as other flowers

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I should go check my botania setup... That's really annoying because I started out with the goal of generating mana from as many sources as I could(daybloom, nightshade, thermalilly, endoflame, entropinium, hydroangea, kekimirus and gourmaryllus) and now because most people just spam passives my grand plan fails...

You can change that in the configs, which is what I did so I could build this:
f6jcBnJ.png

Actually hydros don't need a rune, just petals, some of which that have been coated in mana.

It did the last time I crafted them. Up til then I was fine with passives dying.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It did the last time I crafted them. Up til then I was fine with passives dying.
Unless it's changed in 209 or 210, 208 uses no runes in it's recipe. I don't see anything regarding recipe changes to the hydros in either of those update notes, possible that it's been modtweaked to include a rune though. (or is simply an undocumented change in one of those two builds)