botania

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
doest the floating counterpart of the daybloom/nightshade/hydrangeas disappear? if not is it a bug?

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Yes all passive plants will decay after a bit, which is a pain in the rear when you have to keep re crafting the bloody dam things. Which is why most people on our server gave up on the mod.

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
Yes all passive plants will decay after a bit, which is a pain in the rear when you have to keep re crafting the bloody dam things. Which is why most people on our server gave up on the mod.
i think you might be able to configure it in the config file...
idk tho
anyway, any good idea to a tree farm based on botania?

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
You can config it in game, too. Honestly it's not a big deal. Get a mana pool and an endoflame out of the first set you craft, never worry about mana again.

I've seen a Botania tree farm involving hopper hocks, exoflames, endoflames, those flowers that will place things (I forget what they're called, never used them) and mana spreaders with the lens that lets them break stuff. Basically, shoot mana back and forth through where the trunk will be, pick up the drops with hopper hocks, use exoflame powered furnaces to make charcoal to power it with endoflames, and use the flower whose name I forget to plant saplings.

Honestly, just search Botania Tree Farm on Youtube. There's lost of videos.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
why even fuss with lowest tier generators now , endoflames dont die and they just eat burnables dropped next to them (tree farms are a common fuel source ) then theres a munchdew(also does not die) it eats leaves and makes mana u can just attach it to small portion of the tree farm (leaves eaten by munchdew dont drop sapplings) then theres the gournillis(also does not die) it eats food and generates mana (just dont overfeed becuase i will waste food nothing a timer cant fix ) thats just the pre-alfomancy flowers

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
People are panicking over the flowers decaying due to alot of the more "potent" builds being around masses of hydrogenas. You can still do a hydro (or daybloom/nightshade) based build, but the fuel for them is in a sense the petals you use to make the flowers. (in addition to water in the case of the hydro).

If you playing single player and you really really dont' want to go with the very easily automatable endoflame, you can disable the withering in the configs. (or convince your server owner to do so.) In my more recent playthough 4 dayblooms and 2 nightshades made me enough mana for a mana pool, 2 endoflames and a little to spare. So it's not like you have to wasted 1000s of petals getting access to non-withering flowers.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with the withering mechanic but I think 2 days is extremely short. In my pack I have upped it to an in game fortnight or month I forget which I settled with.
Of course it's pointless as my usual MO is to get a garden of endoflames asap anyway. I only need dayblooms to get enough mana for an exoflames mana petals which is a whopping 2 petals worth.
Not sure why people gravitate to spamming hydroangeas. Other mana generators are much better and just as unlimited. Then again I actually like setting up the feeding mechanisms.
I am pondering what generation to use next, maybe try a munch dew glanceing my tree farm or figure out that chromatic wool one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
There's a chromatic wool one (I usually just stick with endoflames, never needed more)? Hmmm...go go cascading colorer!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
That would certainly help but you can get just as effective results from 16 sheep dyed every color and pluging in a rancher or better get use the botania drum.
The trick would be figuring out how to determine what color the flower wants at the time then getting the right wool to drop. Im not sure if the sequence is random or rolls in a predictable manner.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...does it destroy wrong color wool? I've not unlocked Elven knowledge in my current world, and it appears to require that. If it doesn't, I'll just drop all the wool, and pick up whatever doesn't get used.

Also, no MFR, so I'll be using a Progressive Automation animal farmer thing (I've only used one once before...can't remember the exact name) with the cascading colorer getting me loads of wool (refreshes every ~4 seconds with the set up I'll be using) of every color. I hate having animal farms (noise + lag) so if I can do it with only 1 sheep, I much prefer that.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
As someone who has tried to automate the wool flower befoer their partner took over and made a botched job of it, it is in a set order, meta-data order. It will eat any wool, but will only ever make mana if it's the right kind of wool. I'm not sure a single sheep will be able to keep up with it though, as it's fairly wool hungry.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
To be frank I don't really know. My understanding is the mana produced is better when you drop the wool in sequence.
The most advanced I have gone for botania gen is trying to time droppers to drop food from my AE2 hyperkitchen (it's just what I dubbed my AE2 based Pams harvestcraft area) I tried to make AE2 craft PB n J fed ingredients consistently by a RoC fan farm. But AE2 seemed to sruggle to put the utensils back in to the sheves via a storage bus.

I'd need to give the color flower a good look. In my current world I haven't reached elven lore yet.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The reason Vazkii made flowers wither away by default was because she didn't like that people just used the passives (inc. hydros). Everything in Botania is automatable with a little bit of effort.
You can craft an endoflame, feed it charcoal for days.
If you have a massive wheat farm, feed a gourmouraylls (I really can't spell the flowers' names) a crap tonne of bread, or if you have a mod that adds toast, use that.
Or you could have some fun trying to automate the entropinium, making sure your base doesn't explode.

There dozens of ways to generate mana, and it is quite upsetting that people complain that the easiest (and slowest) way is no longer infinite. The lexica botania has all the information you could need on the different types of flowers, from what they need to generate mana, what their drawbacks are, etc. Read up on them, and see what you find most interesting/most viable for your base

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who has tried to automate the wool flower befoer their partner took over and made a botched job of it, it is in a set order, meta-data order. It will eat any wool, but will only ever make mana if it's the right kind of wool. I'm not sure a single sheep will be able to keep up with it though, as it's fairly wool hungry.
... Dude, have you SEEN the Cascading Colorer? :p
It's ridicu-fast if set up right. Just look up Aura Cascade.

NinjaEnergy

Jul 29, 2019
The reason Vazkii made flowers wither away by default was because she didn't like that people just used the passives (inc. hydros). Everything in Botania is automatable with a little bit of effort.
You can craft an endoflame, feed it charcoal for days.
If you have a massive wheat farm, feed a gourmouraylls (I really can't spell the flowers' names) a crap tonne of bread, or if you have a mod that adds toast, use that.
Or you could have some fun trying to automate the entropinium, making sure your base doesn't explode.

There dozens of ways to generate mana, and it is quite upsetting that people complain that the easiest (and slowest) way is no longer infinite. The lexica botania has all the information you could need on the different types of flowers, from what they need to generate mana, what their drawbacks are, etc. Read up on them, and see what you find most interesting/most viable for your base

Its solar -> EU abuse drama all over again...

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I am waiting for the day where they make solars more realistic and make it so you have to clean and or replace the photovoltaic cells on your solars for the best efficiency. Because solar cells wear out (after a good long while) and need to be cleaned of dust somewhat regularly.

I remember suggesting this once where solars over time built up dust decreasing the output by percentage untill there was no output at all. You would manufacture a microfibre cloth to use to clean the dust off (anything else would scuff the cell rendering it less efficient).
The idea was to still allow it to be free power but add a propper maintenance cost.

Or make solars like Dayblooms and break lol.

I actually think a better idea would be to make it so the flowers don't wither but render them inert needing some care. Maybe each passive flower needs pruning or specific fertilizers to reawaken. Maybe a mana powered watering can. Something that will still let the flowers be free mana but make it less set and forget.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I am waiting for the day where they make solars more realistic and make it so you have to clean and or replace the photovoltaic cells on your solars for the best efficiency. Because solar cells wear out (after a good long while) and need to be cleaned of dust somewhat regularly.

I remember suggesting this once where solars over time built up dust decreasing the output by percentage untill there was no output at all. You would manufacture a microfibre cloth to use to clean the dust off (anything else would scuff the cell rendering it less efficient).
The idea was to still allow it to be free power but add a propper maintenance cost.

Or make solars like Dayblooms and break lol.

I actually think a better idea would be to make it so the flowers don't wither but render them inert needing some care. Maybe each passive flower needs pruning or specific fertilizers to reawaken. Maybe a mana powered watering can. Something that will still let the flowers be free mana but make it less set and forget.

I think the mana watering can would be a good idea, maybe the flowers needing half the mana they could produce in their life to be revitalized.
That way people would either leave them be, lets them die, or replace them... And seeing as orange/yellow flowers seem to always be the hardest to get (at least in my experience) I feel people would most likely move on... As long as the dayblooms would make enough mana to at least make what's needed for the endoflame (or a better flower)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Even if it was automatable it might still be an adequate complexity cost. As the hypothetical can would need a fake player each. Depending on how much of a radius you picture it having. In my mind it wouldn't have a radius it would revive the ones you click only. Depending on the method you use to do the right clicking you would need a method of refilling the mana tablets.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
hydrangeas shouldnt wither, imo. Because they are a bit more difficult to craft than dayblooms, and require a rune.