Botania Question: How To Daisy Chain Sparks?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
I've never really gotten into mucking with Sparks for Botania. However,I'm now trying to use Botania to automate an AgriCraft-based farm,harvesting with a Drum of the Wild,collecting with a Hopperhock,and accelerating growth with a handful of Agricarnations and AgriCraft Sprinklers. Repeated numerous times,as I'm building a tower to contain my farm,which will farm a rotten variety of crops. This mandates me moving a fair amount of mana,quickly. Due to the number of Mana Pools and mana-consuming devices I'll need for this,Mana Spreaders and Mana Carts would be agonizingly slow,and be unable to keep up with maximum output. So,I need to figure out how to daisy chain Sparked Mana Pools.

What do I need to do in order to daisy-chain Sparks on Mana Pools a theoretically infinite number of times,in a linear chain?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I believe you are looking at using the spark augments. Botania isn't quite like other mods so this may not be exactly what you are looking for, but it is what it is.

Recessive augments will push mana into other pools with sparks above them, using these you can theoretically move mana to anywhere, but for it to be usable at all stops (for your Agricarnations) you would need to allow for a massive, and I mean MASSIVE, build up of mana to fill all the pools to backstuff down to the first dispersion pool. This is probably the same issue if you were to use the Mana Carts, but.. I don't think there is a way around it.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
I'm combining AgriCraft and Botania for my agricultural tower. With a full 9*9 grid of Sprinklers overhead,the plants literally reach maturity with a single tick. I need to completely surround the 9*9-1 farming plot with Drums of the Wild in order to actually keep up with the growth,and my storage system is incapable of pulling the fruits from the deposit chests and into the Storage Drawers. Since Sparks only have a twelve block range in any direction,I'd need to have multiple Recessive Sparks,since putting a Sparked Mana Pool under a Sprinkler would block any crop beneath it from getting the Sprinkler's benefits of growth tick steroids. So,the Sparked Mana Pools need to be around the perimeter of the plot. Further,due to how the Augments interact,it's impossible,by my reckoning at least,to actually chain Sparks more than three steps; The Recessive source Pool,to an unaugmented middleman Spark pool,to a Dominant Spark endpoint Pool.