[Botania] Mana spreader not accepting mana...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bryantom

Jul 29, 2019
All,

I've been playing on a friends Infinity server, but I've decided to start my own last weekend. It is a "FTB Presents Direwolf20 (v1.7.0) Minecraft version 1.7.1" server. I started using a Botania this evening, but at times flowers will not send mana to the spreader. See the attached pictures. Sometimes the spreader accepts mana, and other times it does not, like the attached pictures. So far mana has only worked once for about five minutes. Restarting my game made the mana flow once, but I've quit out of the client several times now and the mana does not flow. Am I missing something in a config file?

Bryan
2015-11-02_19.21.21.png

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
With daylight savings time in affect it gets dark much earlier. Check your mana production in the morning.

Bryantom

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that did it. I thought it was daylight enough. I just needed enough juice to make Endoflames. Thanks for the quick reply.

Bryantom

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes, I just re-read and got the joke. I don't know what was going on then. I put the flowers in the same spot each time. I removed the flower, it showed the red x and then I quit out of the game and it was all of a sudden working. Strange. The endoflames are now generating mana properly though, so I'm happy now.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ah yes, I just re-read and got the joke. I don't know what was going on then. I put the flowers in the same spot each time. I removed the flower, it showed the red x and then I quit out of the game and it was all of a sudden working. Strange. The endoflames are now generating mana properly though, so I'm happy now.
The simplest way to make sure your flowers are bound to spreaders nowadays is probably to smack the spreader with a Floral Obedience Stick, which will bind all nearby generating flowers to it. Using the Obedience Stick on a Mana Pool will bind all nearby flowers that consume mana to it, which can also be useful.

Flowers seem to have become pickier about when they are placed in more recent updates. If you place the flowers first, followed by the spreader, they won't bind to it and you'll have to bind them manually with a Wand of the Forest or a Floral Obedience Stick.