Botania crashes upon placing runic altar

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Title:
Botania crashes upon placing runic altar
Launcher Version:
v1.4.3
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved (Expert)
Modpack Version:
v2.3.5
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Attempting to place a runic altar on the ground instantly crashes game to desktop. A few minutes/seconds of progress are lost.

Happens most of the time, but was able to get an altar onto the ground once. Its not 100% reliably reproducible.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Well I don't think that even @Vazkii may know what the problem is as placing it crashes Java and gives a crash that few peoples know how to read(I'm not one of them).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Updated java. Updated gpu drivers. Updated gpu related-software-nonsense.

I've managed to boot up the game 4x and no crash on game-load even though there's an altar placed. There's some "world corruption" I think: my IC2 nuclear reactor vanished. Either that or it strategically melted down and didn't leave any residue or radiation behind.

I dunno if its "fixed": I'm not going to place another altar because I'm scared of making things worse. Consider the issue closed.