Botania after 1.8.2 Upgrade....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bryantom

Jul 29, 2019
All,

Luckily I just started Botania a few days ago, and had very few mana flowers growing, but after our server was upgraded to 1.8.2, all dayblooms, and other mana generating flowers were gone. No big deal for me, but not for others on the server. I planted two dayblooms this morning, and when I logged in again a few hours later, they were all gone again. Is this a known issue?

Bryan

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Infinity 1.8.0 apparently enabled flower decay. Any passive mana generating flower will decay over time.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Every two in game days (40 minutes) all passive generating flowers disappear. As mentioned, there is a config option for it.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Cheers for the heads up, I was about to get started with botania in my current world.

*immediately heads off to the configs to unfuck that particular bit of nonsense*

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Every two in game days (40 minutes) all passive generating flowers disappear. As mentioned, there is a config option for it.
Correction; 2 MC days meaning 2 sleeps could be less then that. Well 40 mins if you don't or can't sleep.

I actually agree with the withering mrchanic BUT 2 days is utter nonsense. I bumped the config up to an in game month so 30 days.
I also wonder if the floating versions suffer the same drawbacks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Correction; 2 MC days meaning 2 sleeps could be less then that. Well 40 mins if you don't or can't sleep.

I actually agree with the withering mrchanic BUT 2 days is utter nonsense. I bumped the config up to an in game month so 30 days.
I also wonder if the floating versions suffer the same drawbacks.

It shouldn't skip the timer when you sleep, it is 24000 ticks played exactly. Did you actually try it out? Nothing else skips ahead like that, day counter is the only thing and you don't even know about that without F3.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
What the actual EFF.

Cheers for the heads up, I was about to get started with botania in my current world.

*immediately heads off to the configs to unfuck that particular bit of nonsense*

Agreed and copied...

I guess some folks like "hard mode" but I don't want to mess with having to remake nightshades to power furnaces over and over and over again.

Reactions: epidemia78

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Personally I wouldn't mind it too much, but the equivalent of 2 days seems too short a time for me.

If you really want to use them though, there nothing stopping you setting up autocrafting and autoplacers for them, none of the affected flowers require more than petals, possibly needing a dip in mana depending on flowers. This is definitely going to push me away from hydros though.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Personally I wouldn't mind it too much, but the equivalent of 2 days seems too short a time for me.

If you really want to use them though, there nothing stopping you setting up autocrafting and autoplacers for them, none of the affected flowers require more than petals, possibly needing a dip in mana depending on flowers. This is definitely going to push me away from hydros though.

The thing is, like in my post, I use nightshades to power the exoflame for my furnaces. So if I played with flower "decomposition" on, not only would I have to re-make the flowers, but I would also have to dig up my area where I put them under my furnaces. While I don't hate "hard work" I do dislike "busywork" and that's what this feels like to me.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Even if you say use things like formation planes or use golems to place the nightshades? Nightshades (,Endoflames, Dayblooms and Hydrogeneas) should all be fairly easy to automate production of. The first 'hard' ones I'd say would be one that includes runes.

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't touched my world in a while now. Is it just Dayblooms, Nightshades, and Hydrogeneas that expire now since they don't need "fuel", or will the others expire as well?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I haven't touched my world in a while now. Is it just Dayblooms, Nightshades, and Hydrogeneas that expire now since they don't need "fuel", or will the others expire as well?

Only passives expire (so the three you listed), and it should only be newly crafted ones that expire. So ones currently placed in the world shouldn't expire.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I think all you're expected to do with passive generators is get enough mana to get an endoflame.
Actually I have utilized endo/exo flames to produce charcoal. I have wood from an MFR harvester piping in to regular furnaces powered by exoflames. The resultant charcoal then gets put in to a charcoal feeder system for my endoflames. I am thinking about syphoning some of it in to my Advancex generators syngas generator.

Wackra

Jul 29, 2019
You are wrong about already placed ones not expiring. I upgraded from FTB Infinity 1.6.2 to 1.8.2 and lost a field of Dayblooms.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I think all you're expected to do with passive generators is get enough mana to get an endoflame.
Actually I have utilized endo/exo flames to produce charcoal. I have wood from an MFR harvester piping in to regular furnaces powered by exoflames. The resultant charcoal then gets put in to a charcoal feeder system for my endoflames. I am thinking about syphoning some of it in to my Advancex generators syngas generator.

You may want to rethink the endo/exo combination:

You actually lose energy this way.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You are wrong about already placed ones not expiring. I upgraded from FTB Infinity 1.6.2 to 1.8.2 and lost a field of Dayblooms.

I updated Botania about four days ago and have put nearly 16 hours into my world since then. I still have every single passive I placed before this change was put in place, and I haven't changed the config for Botania.