Boqzo1's Build Journal - Let's try this again!

What pack should I do?

• WyldLife

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Better Building (My first 1.10.2 pack on Curse)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Project Ozone 2, Skylands, Titan mode

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Boqzo1

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone! Today I'm here to try and begin my build journal again. This time, much better than last time. The last attempt I did was pretty crappy, didn't post much, got bored and switched packs a lot, you get the point. I've been craving to do it again since I deleted the old post, so I figured why not give it another shot! One thing I should mention is that I haven't picked a pack yet. I figured I'd leave it up to you! Please vote in the poll above and I will get this started ASAP!

This post will eventually act as a table of contents to direct you to my different "series'" as I go through modpacks with you guys.

Last edited:

Boqzo1

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all! I was thinking about the journal and figured I should've thrown this out there as a choice. As you may have seen in @JaRyCu's build journal, we are playing on a Hermitpack server together! I didn't include it because I thought people wouldn't be interested in seeing the journal as we have been playing since the pack came out. Let me know if you would rather see the Hermitpack server as opposed to the WyldLife pack!

Please note these few things about the choice:
1: I've been playing a bit so you will have missed the beginning game. However that's not always so fun to see so it may not be a big deal, you'll get to see the cool mid/late game stuff!
2: You will likely see more posts as I am very actively playing on the Hermitpack server and I am having a TON of fun.
3: You'll get to see everyone else's bases too! I will do server base tours every once in a while.

Let me know what you all think! Better to put this out there before I get too far into WyldLife :)

Boqzo1

Jul 29, 2019
FTB HermitPack
Post #1

I did it! I have finally cracked the code as to why I can never keep a journal going on a pack. I currently have 2 MC servers, one of which is obviously on HermitPack. I put most of my play time into those because of the fact that I pay for them and want to play on them to get my money's worth and all that stuff. So I have decided to document all of my adventures on the HermitPack server because I always get bored when I switch to a single player world rather than my server. So here it is!

Alright so I will start you guys off with some shots from spawn.

s5J3a8L.png

This is the general spawn area. What you see with the doors was my original spawn base, but it was right next to a nature core so I was forced to move, they constantly replant trees and covered it up every day! We initially planned to do a spawn village and set up shops and such, but after clearing out a bunch of it, the terrain looked kinda crappy overall. We are in talks of having a shopping district somewhere further out from spawn.
grEp8Cv.png

This right here is the wonderful @JaRyCu's spawn base! He and I took down 2 Quark pirate ships to help get the banners.
HUXylGg.png

Here we have @MCAdventureCity's base. He doesn't have much because he hasn't put much time into the server, but hey it's a start!
z4ehyhP.png
This next one is xAmethystQueenx's spawn base. She's got a nice cliff side base! Better get some support under that balcony before it falls! ;)
aLhDb7a.png

Here we are with the newest member, @DireChyymeras! He just joined today so this is all I am able to offer for his progress :p

bbnUJ7x.png
4NmEPhv.png
u1plI3b.png

Last, but CERTAINLY not least, we have @Inge88's castle! He has gone crazy with chisels and bits to create this beauty! It's still a WIP, but he definitely has the most detailed build so far and I hope to see more of it!
Well that's it for spawn! Now for a look through my base area because that is the majority of what you will see in this journal!
jbsGQCo.png

Here is an overhead view of my base! Still needs some work to look good on the outside and I need to move my machines into the real base as well as the smeltery and GP production. Something needs to be done about the ugly paths as well :p

s27kxGf.png

This is the entrance to the base. Still a WIP and I plan to do tons of chisels and bits to make it look good. I've toyed with the mod a bit, as you will see next.
ROzOzlU.png

This is the central are for my base! I love the basalt and alabaster bricks so I decided to use them quite a bit in this build. The pillars are made from chisels and bits and are alabaster bricks with molten manyullyn in them :D
L15qz4Y.png

A closer look at the pillars.
1glwhsd.png

To the right of the central room I have what will be the solar area. Right now it houses my XU2 quarry just because it looks cool. (don't know how it works yet) I would like for this area to house a bunch of solar generation things though.
M8a83cK.png

7FgZGnJ.png

EHZ43Ng.png

To the left of the central area is my Refined Storage and Storage Drawers area. So far I'm really enjoying Refined Storage because it combines some features from AE2, with the easier way of AE1. Definitely more to mess with there!
Well that's it for this post! I've definitely got way more stuff planned including all of the magic mods and I want to fully go into TechReborn! I hope you all enjoy this journal as I FULLY plan to keep it going this time! Links to other journals and the imgur post will be linked below! :D

-Boqzo1

Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/PoMzQ

@JaRyCu's Build Journal: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/jarycu-plays-ftb-hermitpack-for-1-10-2.187436/

D

DireChyymeras

your base is looking r great so far!, looking forward to checking it out on the serve :)

T

TheLunarHydra

Looks nice! Wish HermitPack would actually launch for me...

Boqzo1

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone! Based on a general consensus of everyone playing on the server, we have decided to quit HermitPack. Between it not having all the 1.10.2 content we want to play and lag and stuff, we got bored and decided to switch. I have one server on Infinity Skyblock, and the other one is a private alpha testing of my modpack Unstoppable 1.10.2. I'm not sure I will keep up the journal with them, but if I do I'm not sure if I will do one or both. Let me know what you think!