BoP Containing Certain Resources?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhishTV

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question I have that hopefully someone could back an answer up with some examples.

I am using BoP + ATG. I heard that BoP biomes contain common and uncommon resources that are biome specific. An example of what I heard was that the "Highlands" biome contains more diamond. I recently built in a "Spruce Woods" and I find it rare to find any diamonds or gold.

My main question - Do biomes spawn more of a certain resource than others?

Thanks in advance.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
BoP biomes have a specific BoP gem that spawns in them, based on the 'type' of biome it is. BoP "forest" biomes also spawn emeralds. Also, Thaumcraft 4 shards have a tendency to spawn in biomes somewhat based on biome types. I think GregTech does something similar.

Past that, I'm not aware of any biome-specific oregen.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just a quick question I have that hopefully someone could back an answer up with some examples.

I am using BoP + ATG. I heard that BoP biomes contain common and uncommon resources that are biome specific. An example of what I heard was that the "Highlands" biome contains more diamond. I recently built in a "Spruce Woods" and I find it rare to find any diamonds or gold.

My main question - Do biomes spawn more of a certain resource than others?

Thanks in advance.
BoP biomes have a specific BoP gem that spawns in them, based on the 'type' of biome it is. BoP "forest" biomes also spawn emeralds. Also, Thaumcraft 4 shards have a tendency to spawn in biomes somewhat based on biome types. I think GregTech does something similar.

Past that, I'm not aware of any biome-specific oregen.
Well. I kinda depends on how you use BoP I think. If its part of a FTB pack then I think COFH is taking over all regular oregen besides Emeralds and TC shards, so I dont think there is any diference.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I think your confused as Highlands is its own separate biome mod, which adds over 40 new biomes including special mini ones (aka sub biomes).

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1602064-164-forge-highlands-biomes-trees-and-more-v217a/

Currently in monster by default it uses ATG to generate the world and the biomes from both BoP and the Highlands mod. Which works as both BoP and Highlands are configured to generate their biomes in default worlds. So it does not matter if you disable ATG world gen to use either BoP or Highlands built in world gen as long as both are enabled they will generate biomes in your world.

Now for your question it is true that some of the biomes that Highlands adds are suppose to have custom ore distribution in them to favor certain ores. However the customized ore generation that FTB uses via COFH core most likely over rights it. As under the mod compatibility section it mentions that using a ore gen mod may do so unless it is configured to be compatible.

Edit: It is also true that BoP adds its own ores but that is only really it's special gems. Which work just like the gems from Red power used to work and the ones that Projectred now adds as well.

Last edited:

PhishTV

Jul 29, 2019
As I got many replies from all of you, all of which were very helpful, I will just leave it at that! Thanks a bunch I now understand more and I do not have to overall worry what biome I want to settle in!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
As I got many replies from all of you, all of which were very helpful, I will just leave it at that! Thanks a bunch I now understand more and I do not have to overall worry what biome I want to settle in!
There might still be a matter of the stones from Geostrata. The are programmed to spawn depending on which type of biome it is(wet biomes have silt/sediment type rocks etc.). But you can always go mine a different place for other kinds of rocks or set up a mystcraft world later for that.

Reactions: PhishTV