Boiler trouble

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Currently I have 2 36hp boilers running on fuel. The first one (the one on the left) is running fine, but the second one isn't producing any power. I'm using power converters to turn the steam into MJ more cheaply than a bunch of engines, but it says that the output is limited, even though its outputting through conduits, and there a bunch of machines that are using power, including 2 oil fabricators and a quarry.
2013-07-13_19.05.28.png
2013-07-13_19.06.25.png

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Before you call me cheap for using the oil fabricator-boiler loop, I couldn't be arsed finding any more oil spouts and I'll only be using them until I get distilled bees.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
1 you dont have enough not powered liquiduct connection. making them powered would suffice.
2 you dont extract mj`s from BC producer i.e. your conductor is blue, instead of orange.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
1 you dont have enough not powered liquiduct connection. making them powered would suffice.
2 you dont extract mj`s from BC producer i.e. your conductor is blue, instead of orange.
1 I don't get what you mean by powered/unpowered conduits.
2 It doesn't make any difference with power converters which colour you use - the first boiler is using the blue connector and works fine. I tried changing it to orange on the second boiler and that didn't make any difference.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
1 I don't get what you mean by powered/unpowered conduits.
2 It doesn't make any difference with power converters which colour you use - the first boiler is using the blue connector and works fine. I tried changing it to orange on the second boiler and that didn't make any difference.
1 an non-powered liqudct can only extract 80mb/t from boiler. it can output 160 mb/t per connection. which leads to 9 non-powered connections to a boiler or 4 powered and 1 non-powered. and 5 connections to a steam consumer.
by powered i mean, that you can change lqiuduct`s connection(you`ll notice by it`s appearance change) with wrench and apply redstone signal.
2 as of now, conduits have extract mode - orange and output mode - blue. you simply dont extracn mjs from your consumer to network, or, if its not the case( of which i highly doubt), your network simply doesnt need more mjs.