Board Games/Table Top Games/Card Games?

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
I am interested to hear what other games you play that go into those 3 categories. Here is my list of games I play a lot.

I currently play:
  • Boss Dungeon
  • Dominion (With all expansion packs)
  • Munchkin (No expansion packs)
  • Cards Against Humanity
  • Settlers of Catan
  • Clue
I used to play
  • Yu-Gi-Yo Super Competitive Tournaments (Over $1,000 dollars went into my good decks)
  • Monopoly
  • DnD

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I am interested to hear what other games you play that go into those 3 categories. Here is my list of games I play a lot.

I currently play:
  • Boss Dungeon
  • Dominion (With all expansion packs)
  • Munchkin (No expansion packs)
  • Cards Against Humanity
  • Settlers of Catan
  • Clue
I used to play
  • Yu-Gi-Yo Super Competitive Tournaments (Over $1,000 dollars went into my good decks)
  • Monopoly
  • DnD
Smash Up is a really fun game, especially with some of the expansions. I'd also rate Carcassonne, Alhambra, and Ticket to Ride.
If you're in it for the long haul, Game of Thrones the board game is a pretty good game, but make sure you have at least 5 people and preferably six because it becomes fairly unbalanced below those numbers.

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
Smash Up is a really fun game, especially with some of the expansions. I'd also rate Carcassonne, Alhambra, and Ticket to Ride.
If you're in it for the long haul, Game of Thrones the board game is a pretty good game, but make sure you have at least 5 people and preferably six because it becomes fairly unbalanced below those numbers.
Thanks fir the suggestions. I might buy some of those games.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
Settlers of Catan is a for sure. I am pretty much a legend at that game - at least in my family. I had a winning streak for several years.

Don't even get me started on tabletop RPG. I honestly kind of hate how everybody just assumes that DnD is the only one out there, when in reality, it's actually just the most popular/most played because the insane complexity lets you do almost anything. There's rules-heavy systems, DnD being one of them, and then there's rules light ones like FATE. I honestly play a DnD campaign, a FATE one, and a custom system on a virtual tabletop service (https://app.roll20.net). Much easier than actually having to gather up your friends from all around the world - at least if you're centered on the internet for communicating with friends.

I played Cards Against Humanity about 3 times. I would definitely do so again if I had the opportunity.

And that's just about it. Criticize me if you like.

Reactions: yoy1zoz2mom3

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
Settlers of Catan is a for sure. I am pretty much a legend at that game - at least in my family. I had a winning streak for several years.

Don't even get me started on tabletop RPG. I honestly kind of hate how everybody just assumes that DnD is the only one out there, when in reality, it's actually just the most popular/most played because the insane complexity lets you do almost anything. There's rules-heavy systems, DnD being one of them, and then there's rules light ones like FATE. I honestly play a DnD campaign, a FATE one, and a custom system on a virtual tabletop service (https://app.roll20.net). Much easier than actually having to gather up your friends from all around the world - at least if you're centered on the internet for communicating with friends.

I played Cards Against Humanity about 3 times. I would definitely do so again if I had the opportunity.

And that's just about it. Criticize me if you like.

That is why I said I used to play DnD. Tabletop RPGs are so expensive, while card games are just as fun.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
That is why I said I used to play DnD. Tabletop RPGs are so expensive, while card games are just as fun.
I once tried to draw up a set of drinking rules for Munchkin. We ended up spending more time drinking than playing because people exploited them to get stuck in a cycle of infinite drinking :p

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I used to be an avid player of MtG and Warhammer 40k.

Then I decided to dedicate a small budget to both games. The rest would be the rest, so I wouldn't be permanently broke.

CaH is amazingly hilarious. "The universe does not end with a bang but with a Big Bang."

Anyone played Bohnanza? It's pretty fun. Very easy and player based, so I basically got my entire family hooked on board games through it and Catan.

In RPGs I have played Pathfinder, Shadowrun, D&D 4e, Call of Cthulhu, Mutants and Masterminds and Exalted. Looking forward to play FATE and 13th Age.

I still want to play Axis and Allies, because I like reading war gaming reports and nothing is more fun than seeing a well-crafted strategy win the game.

IF IT ONLY THIS HOBBY DID NOT COST SO MUCH

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I used to be an avid player of MtG and Warhammer 40k.

Then I decided to dedicate a small budget to both games. The rest would be the rest, so I wouldn't be permanently broke.

CaH is amazingly hilarious. "The universe does not end with a bang but with a Big Bang."

Anyone played Bohnanza? It's pretty fun. Very easy and player based, so I basically got my entire family hooked on board games through it and Catan.

In RPGs I have played Pathfinder, Shadowrun, D&D 4e, Call of Cthulhu, Mutants and Masterminds and Exalted. Looking forward to play FATE and 13th Age.

I still want to play Axis and Allies, because I like reading war gaming reports and nothing is more fun than seeing a well-crafted strategy win the game.

IF IT ONLY THIS HOBBY DID NOT COST SO MUCH
The haiku round is where you truly have the opportunity to craft a fantastic masterpiece in CaH.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
CaH is amazing. I need to go through an entire game and record all awnsers so we can laugh.

W

Wamp

I'm not into board games but "the secret Hitler" is amazingly fun