Blood N Bones Shader

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chaozbrother

Jul 29, 2019
Hey my problem is simple I can´t get a shader running with my Blood N Bones pack and it drives me crazy maybe someone can help it would be great because I´ dont have that much knowledge as a casual and all the tutorials about how to install didn´t work at all.
Would be really glad if someone could help me ;/

Greets Chaoz

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Quote from the Bn'B modpack description:
"Warning! This pack does not support adding/removing mods. Adding mods will break progression, removing mods will break recipe changes."

I think that wraps it up, don't you?

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
Quote from the Bn'B modpack description:
"Warning! This pack does not support adding/removing mods. Adding mods will break progression, removing mods will break recipe changes."

I think that wraps it up, don't you?

Except... shader mods don't affect gameplay at all. That disclaimer is specifically for adding mods like Gregtech, IC2, Mekanism, or whatever, since they do add new items.

Shader mods are like adding a texture pack. They don't affect how the game is played at all, just how it looks.

@Chaozbrother Have you tried using a different shader mod? There's a varity of them out there and some might work while others do not.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Except... shader mods don't affect gameplay at all. That disclaimer is specifically for adding mods like Gregtech, IC2, Mekanism, or whatever, since they do add new items.

Shader mods are like adding a texture pack. They don't affect how the game is played at all, just how it looks.

@Chaozbrother Have you tried using a different shader mod? There's a varity of them out there and some might work while others do not.
The key is in the detail.
If you used a Star Wars resource pack instead of your average Sphax, Soartex, Faithful etc. that would really ruin your perspective of things.
Still, it says: "Warning! This pack does not support adding/removing mods."

I think we can just end it here and say that shaders do not work with it. And if you ever did get it to work it would be a very hard process to install.
And, may I point out to you for the third time that this is what the Bn'B description says:

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
I got shaders to work on both monster and direwolf20, but you have to use optifine for it to work. Optifine on blood and bones may cause some issues for you, and it did cause me some issues for me on my other modpacks too. For example I couldn't see nodes even if they were there in thaumcraft. It took me a long time to figure out that Shaders and optifine are not meant to be in the modpacks with all of the stability issues, and if you figure it out, good for you, but the point is, don't kill yourself if you can't get it to happen.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
I hope you know realsketch that they are talking about mods that remove or add mods. Mods that just add visual things wont change anything. Mods such as a minimap or nei or something along those lines shouldn't ruin the game, they might cause bugs because they weren't made to work with it, but that happens with every modpack so this one shouldn't be different. Now when he says adding or removing mods will break the game I'm pretty sure he's talking about mods with new items and recipes, not visual mods.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
The key is in the detail.
If you used a Star Wars resource pack instead of your average Sphax, Soartex, Faithful etc. that would really ruin your perspective of things.
Still, it says: "Warning! This pack does not support adding/removing mods."

I think we can just end it here and say that shaders do not work with it. And if you ever did get it to work it would be a very hard process to install.
And, may I point out to you for the third time that this is what the Bn'B description says:
I do not think adding shaders breaks progression...

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I hope you know realsketch that they are talking about mods that remove or add mods. Mods that just add visual things wont change anything. Mods such as a minimap or nei or something along those lines shouldn't ruin the game, they might cause bugs because they weren't made to work with it, but that happens with every modpack so this one shouldn't be different. Now when he says adding or removing mods will break the game I'm pretty sure he's talking about mods with new items and recipes, not visual mods.

I realize it is just a shader mod, it won't change gameplay.
But your perspective of your surroundings shall be ruined, if Eyamaz wanted shaders in the pack, he would of put it in, or at least recommend it.
And your going against his pack's objective, it is supposed to be hardcore killing and survival, not pretty peaceful land.

Clearly, it's going to be hard; so just give up now rather than fight for something so little.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I realize it is just a shader mod, it won't change gameplay.
But your perspective of your surroundings shall be ruined, if Eyamaz wanted shaders in the pack, he would of put it in, or at least recommend it.
And your going against his pack's objective, it is supposed to be hardcore killing and survival, not pretty peaceful land.

Clearly, it's going to be hard; so just give up now rather than fight for something so little.
Just give up?
I feel that when Grum stops supporting forge and does stuff to stop modding you will leave the modded community, because that is something we do here. And shaders do a HUGE cut on fps, likely why it was not in the pack. And nit all shaders make it look peaceful.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I do not think adding shaders breaks progression...
Progression of perspective, you learn as you see.[DOUBLEPOST=1399138261][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just give up?
I feel that when Grum stops supporting forge and does stuff to stop modding you will leave the modded community, because that is something we do here. And shaders do a HUGE cut on fps, likely why it was not in the pack. And nit all shaders make it look peaceful.
Right now we are not solving anything fighting, plus; I don't think one of us has come to any solution?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Progression of perspective, you learn as you see.[DOUBLEPOST=1399138261][/DOUBLEPOST]
Right now we are not solving anything fighting, plus; I don't think one of us has come to any solution?
Not really fighting, mine was meant to be more of a rant and came out a bit too agressive xD

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Not really fighting, mine was meant to be more of a rant and came out a bit too agressive xD
Me too, but still; I don't understand how those who rebel against my post get your like/others too. Then when I rebel against a post I get nothing.
I'm starting too think there's some bribery here...

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Me too, but still; I don't understand how those who rebel against my post get your like/others too. Then when I rebel against a post I get nothing.
I'm starting too think there's some bribery here...
It is a matter of opinion, generally we support people adding things like texture packs and shaders since they want them, it just sounds silly to say "so much work for something ao little" which can be disputed. Same deal with texturepacks, some (like me) do not care, some (like you) do care.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
It is a matter of opinion, generally we support people adding things like texture packs and shaders since they want them, it just sounds silly to say "so much work for something ao little" which can be disputed. Same deal with texturepacks, some (like me) do not care, some (like you) do care.
293bf7fea9f2c4d464def8f3d056e798.jpg