Blood Magic: special inventory for automated alchemy builds

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to automate BM alchemy with AE. It seems to me that you have to have one altar+ritual combo per item to make, which would require about 20-30 altars and rituals, which takes up quite a lot of space.

Now I've read that you can overlap ritual stones, so placing the altars side-by-side could be a lot more compact. This means that you share the two dusk ritual stones with the next ritual to the left/right. (See spoiler for reminder of how the ritual looks.) Then you can have a blood altar every 2 blocks.
TopViewBallad.png

The only problem is that now the input chests (left/right) are next to *two* master ritual stones, and I don't know how to make them only input to one stone.

I've tried a hopper (normal and omnidirectional), but the "wrong" master ritual stone pulls from that as well. I've also tried directly putting the AE interface pointing to the ritual stone, but this doesn't appear to work, the ritual obviously needs a "real inventory".

Is there a block that acts like a chest, but provides its inventory only to one side (or to all but one)?

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to automate BM alchemy with AE. It seems to me that you have to have one altar+ritual combo per item to make, which would require about 20-30 altars and rituals, which takes up quite a lot of space.

Now I've read that you can overlap ritual stones, so placing the altars side-by-side could be a lot more compact. This means that you share the two dusk ritual stones with the next ritual to the left/right. (See spoiler for reminder of how the ritual looks.) Then you can have a blood altar every 2 blocks.
TopViewBallad.png

The only problem is that now the input chests (left/right) are next to *two* master ritual stones, and I don't know how to make them only input to one stone.

I've tried a hopper (normal and omnidirectional), but the "wrong" master ritual stone pulls from that as well. I've also tried directly putting the AE interface pointing to the ritual stone, but this doesn't appear to work, the ritual obviously needs a "real inventory".

Is there a block that acts like a chest, but provides its inventory only to one side (or to all but one)?
If you set the rituals up such that no adjacent rituals need the same items, it would work out. When it comes to the catalysts, just shove an extra one inside the rituals.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
If you set the rituals up such that no adjacent rituals need the same items, it would work out. When it comes to the catalysts, just shove an extra one inside the rituals.
Thanks, that's probably the easiest way to do it (also saves on interfaces, as I could use the same input chest for two rituals).

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Translocator with diamond nugget directly on the alchemy set and the other on an ME interface, will keep it stocked with however much u tell it to. If the recipe requires two of a single reagent set the translocator to keep 65 to get both slots.

Level emitter on a redstone controlled import bus and you're sorted(bear in mind a stack will be kept in the chemistry set as well)

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Without the ritual? Feels kinda cheaty considering the ritual is explicitly there for automation. If this is intended, Way, can you tell why the ritual exists in the first place?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Not cheaty, cross-mod exploitation;)

Anything that can keep an inventory stocked with x amount of items can do this, LP, factory manager etc... The ritual is there so u can automate it standalone and ppl just haven't thought of this method

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, ok. I thought the alchemy set inventory couldn't be interacted with at all, but if this works, it must be "allowed". Thanks.