Blood magic ritual stones and redstone control

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
According to various sources I can use a redstone signal to turn off rituals without needing to use an activation stone to turn them back on again.

Now, my initial experiments into this have come up with a resounding "nope", so i'm wondering what i'm doing wrong.

The ritual in question is a ritual of the green grove under my farm and I tried first attaching insulated redstone conduits from enderIO to the master ritual stone. I could see the redstone signal toggling in the conduit and I made sure the conduit actually connected to the stone (seriously insulated conduits only have two modes and one of them is "disabled" ^_^) when I flicked the lever but somehow this had no effect on the ritual at all.

Any help as to why this setup doesn't work would be gratefully appreciated.

I also tried the uninsulated variety, that didn't work either. I could try and rig up a rednet thingy of some sort, I guess?

Either that or go completely vanilla and have a redstone block on a piston, but that's a last resort and i'd rather know what i'm doing wrong so I can fix it properly rather than ditching all my cool toys :p

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Thanks, that was what I was worried about.

Looks like i'm going to have to go with the most primitive solution possible then :/

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Also just so you know you may have to activate the ritual again at some point due to a restart or a chunk load or what not. So don't get flustered if something goes wrong just jump start the ritual again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Also just so you know you may have to activate the ritual again at some point due to a restart or a chunk load or what not. So don't get flustered if something goes wrong just jump start the ritual again

Good to know, thanks :)

In further news, my plan to use redstone blocks on pistons gets scuppered by classic vanilla piston quasiconnectivity lol.

Rednet cable, redstone torches and a lever come galloping to my rescue. Well the functionality of the redstone is sorted, I have yet to test how well it works with the rituals active.

Bonus update: it works, it actually bloody works!

Not that it should matter overly, but now I need to jerry-rig a way for the system to automatically activate the torches when the amount of LP in the soul network gets low.

THAT should be more of a challenge.

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
More daft questions time :D

How close, if at all, does a well of suffering have to be to the altar to take advantage of sacrifice runes?

What is the area of effect of the ritual?

Thought it better to get this straight before I dig a big chamber under the altar :p

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Area is 31x31xIdontKnow =)
The distance I'm also not sure of, I can only say 6 works (altar <-> master stone) vertical. I don't think it can go any distance horizontally, ie has to be directly above or below.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@OP:
You may need something that outputs the redstone signal directly into the block. I've had several setups where just placing a redstone conduit, wire etc. didn't work, so I used a Modular Socket from Engineer's Toolbox with a redstone input and redstone output module, and that has always worked in cases like this, and it has the additional advantage that you can add redstone logic to it without having to add another block.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
@OP:
You may need something that outputs the redstone signal directly into the block. I've had several setups where just placing a redstone conduit, wire etc. didn't work, so I used a Modular Socket from Engineer's Toolbox with a redstone input and redstone output module, and that has always worked in cases like this, and it has the additional advantage that you can add redstone logic to it without having to add another block.

That may come in handy when I come to automate the on/off switch. For now I managed to get a simple system with torches, rednet cable and a lever working.

Now if I could just find a way to generate a redstone signal when my LP gets below a certain level, I could play with some more complex logic :)

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
That may come in handy when I come to automate the on/off switch. For now I managed to get a simple system with torches, rednet cable and a lever working.

Now if I could just find a way to generate a redstone signal when my LP gets below a certain level, I could play with some more complex logic :)
The altar sends out analog redstone with a level relative to the level of your network if there is an orb in it. Unfortunately it takes a blok update to, well, update. Also it ignores runes of the orb.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The altar sends out analog redstone with a level relative to the level of your network if there is an orb in it. Unfortunately it takes a blok update to, well, update. Also it ignores runes of the orb.
It does :eek:.Computer is dead on the road (someone else is driving) I want to look at this though. Oh well guess I need that thing that converts the car plug (forgot name) to 2 AC. Plugs and 2 USBs

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

Pump out fluid from one area, store in tank with some way to detect capacity with redstone, import somewhere else?