Problem Blocks replaced in corrupted world

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gurglebelly

Mar 2, 2020
so I have a corrupted world in Minecraft 1.12.2, with mods, and I tried going into it after I had fixed the level.dat, and everything seemed fine except when I got back to my house the blocks of the (modded) trees around it had been replaced with blocks from other mods. The trees I noticed were twilight oaks, their trunks had been replaced with cobalt blocks from extended items and ores mod, their leaves were replaced with amethyst blocks from Also from extended items and ores mod. I did not get to see any more before Minecraft crashed, and I can’t go into the world without it crashing. I did some research and I think the ids might be corrupt but I’m not sure. I can fix everything with worldedit, but can someone at least tell me how to fix the crashing? Please help.

Gurglebelly

Mar 2, 2020
In fact, it seems that all modded blocks have been replaced with other blocks. I managed to switch my location by replacing the level.dat again and all previously loaded modded blocks are something different. I don’t know what happened, can someone please tell me what I should do? I’m pretty sure that I can keep the old blocks somehow if I don’t render them.

Last edited:

xaelith

Dec 28, 2019
I've been having issues with crashing back to the main menu sometimes when trying to load into the world on MC Eternal. So far, the best way I've found to get back in without losing too much progress is to restore one of the backups that the modpack automatically generates. If you need any help walking through how to do so, please let me know. :)

Gurglebelly

Mar 2, 2020
I wasn’t using backups as this world is relively new and I usually play on forge not mod packs but I’m currently in the process of restoring this world via worldedit and schematia. Also for some reason all the ores were replaced by some green liquid and idk why